Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #62221 
LittleBettaFish

We have a baby-gate across our kitchen door to keep the dogs in the kitchen when we go out. Just be careful to get one that requires a bit of fiddling to open it. Our dog Ares learned to stand on the pedal and push to open the first one we had haha.

Crate training is also something you should look into (not sure if you've done it before). We did it with our last two and would do it with any future puppies as well.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #62222 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, I'm definitely going to do crate training. I'm also not going to leave my dog in the house unsupervised, to keep him out of trouble.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #62223 
Sakura8

LBF, the first dojo was floating weird, kind of like a fish hook. The second one developed a strange film over its entire head. o.O

Serves me right, I knew the fish from that store aren't healthy so I shouldn't have added those white clouds like that. Of all the stores I go to, they always have the most dead ones and they almost always have ich too.

Haha, DQ, no one is doubting that you can handle a puppy. But wait, what does your brother think about this?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #62224 
Silverfang

Did someone say cute furballs?

Yes they are huge >.>
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #62225 
Sakura8

It's ASHES! And the pic is so big it's almost like she's right there in person staring at me!!!!!!

*wants to reach out and huggle Ashes but is afraid of her claws and reputation*
Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #62226 
Silverfang

my friends new phone takes great pics. And yes, she looks so cute... until she tears into you >.>
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #62227 
Sakura8

That second one shows her face so well. I <3 Ashes!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #62228 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #62229 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post

Laki, the bottom tray is totally bare. I decided not to put any bedding in since they use the litter box now but it looks kind of hard. Can I put a towel or something soft down or would it be bad if they chewed it up?
Yes, my sister leaves hers bare (because she has so many cages) and tosses fleece blankets in for them to nest. Towels are good too but if you have chewers the strings might impact their guts. Lisa uses towels when she transports them though bc they soak up pee better :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I have never heard that many negative things about labs except for the digging and their toe nails are hard to keep trim. She is a yellow lab.
We're not talking about labs being "bad" or discussing them in the negative at all!! We're merely pointing out that under some circumstances, labs WILL become destructive because they're working dogs (and they LOVE water so swimming should be a significant activity in their lives) All the labs I met are incredible dogs, true idols for the breed. Yours is adorable, has a teddy bear face :) They look so rustic around here.

Also, the color of the coat does NOT matter and will not predetermine their excitability or adult behaviour. Genetics and training determine that, but labs are amazing good dogs, there's a reason they're one of the top service dogs.

So baby shrimp might be the cutest little things around.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #62230 
blu the betta

laki you have a pretty nice mammal inhabited place huh?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese