Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #62291 
FishyFishy89

yuck! no thanks, I am not going to be eating pink slime crap
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #62292 
LittleBettaFish

Honestly I never got why people go to fast food places like Mcdonalds for healthy options. It's like how people seem surprised at how many calories are in their foods. I'm like duh, it's kind of obvious that you are not going to be doing your waistline any favours by eating there every day.

McDonalds when I was growing up was a treat that you had maybe once every couple of weeks. What happened to people being able to have some semblance of self-control? Nowadays fast food businesses can't advertise on the television during shows aimed at kids, we can't have lollies near the front counter because heaven forbid a parent has to do actual parenting and refuse to buy these products.

I personally like McDonalds when I want something fatty and nasty. I'm not going there for the five star cuisine.

Also on another point, having worked at Subway, that is definitely not a 'healthy' option a lot of the time. Customers used to think that a sandwich containing pepperoni, ham and salami was magically going to have a low calorie count because it was made by Subway. And there is really nothing 'fresh' about frozen food that gets reheated in the microwave haha.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #62293 
djembekah

Not excited to fly. ugh. i just don't want to be so sick again
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #62294 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I haven't eaten McDonalds for well over a year and I am perfectly happy without it. Hs anyone watched supersize me? The guy damaged his liver by eating McDonald's. That and the pink slime crap... Ugh.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #62295 
LittleBettaFish

Didn't he just eat McDonalds though? I am also assuming he was not really exercising to keep up with the amount of calories he was consuming.

Some of those meals contain your entire calorie intake for the day. And that's not even the large size.

I don't think we have really big 'super' sizes here. We just go small, medium and large. How does one even eat so much food in one sitting?

It's like those massive big breakfasts you see with the sliced sausage, baked beans, hash browns, eggs etc. I can't imagine starting my day with all that!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #62296 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Nutrition > calories!

Also, we told our chemistry teacher that almost half the class cheated on the test yesterday (he wasn't here) and he said, "yea I know they've been doing it for a long time. I can't really stop them at this point."
I'm sorry, but what? You can't stop them? This isn't the real world, this is high school. >_>
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #62297 
Sakura8

Today's water change adventures:

1) Epic and very sudden failure of Sparky's Fluval 405 canister filter. Water everywhere. Filter broken, no idea how or why or even what. Can't afford new one.
2) Leaky hose, about a half gallon every 10 minutes and that's AFTER I tried to fix it. Water everywhere.
3) Faceful of green snail water when I dropped the snail tub while moving it. Water everywhere.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #62298 
LittleBettaFish

Eek. That is what freaks me out about canisters, their potential to dump water all over your floor/furniture. At least when internals break down it is usually not messy.

Was the water on carpet, tiles or wood? Sucks if it's the former or the latter. I'm hoping for your sake it was the middle option!

Trying to make the hard decision to cull out my fry with swim bladder issues. They just sit on the bottom of the tank all day long and while they eat, they are getting massively overtaken in growth by their older siblings. Thinking today I might fish out the dozen or so and euthanise.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #62299 
Sakura8

LBF, I got really lucky: it was in the garage. But now I'm afraid to have a canister in the house. o.O

:( Culling must be hard but necessary. Do you use the ice water method?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #62300 
LittleBettaFish

Phew, lucky it was in the garage. I think some people put their canister filters in buckets just to help minimize damage, but unless you notice it early on it probably will just spill out anyway.

Yeah I use the ice water method for culling any of my fish. It takes less than 10 seconds for adults, and for fry I've found it's almost instant.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese