Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #62301 
Sakura8

I'll have to remember that method when I recommend euthanasia options. To be honest, I really don't like the clove oil method.

I think if I did have a canister filter in the house, I would put it in a bucket too and hope I caught it in time. We have wood flooring almost everywhere.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #62302 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sakura that all sucks! Why don't you like the clove oil method Sakura? IMO simply freezing them is cruel but the ice water/shock is so quick and painless that it is not...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #62303 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I don't really like the clove oil method either. Plus it stinks and makes me feel sick.

I really blunt force trauma because if done correctly the brain is dead before it even registers. But it is hard to smash your pet's head in with a hammer, and according to Practical Fish Keeping, the ice method is not actually that cruel.

My mum is going for a really expensive flooring down in the rumpus and this is where I am going to have my new goldfish tank with canister filter/s. I'm so petrified it is going to leak everywhere and the floor will be ruined.

I see you, posting before me MattsBettas haha
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #62304 
FishyFishy89

My canister will be in a bucket too. We're in an apartment, so I can't afford to risk it.

SuperSize Me was about the average joe. Someone who works, purchases mickey d's all the time and doesn't really have the time or motivation to exercise. He did eat JUST mickey ds and he had to "super size" his order when they asked if he wanted to.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #62305 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

He went out of his way to exercise exactly as much as the average American lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #62306 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hey while we're on the subject of McDonald's, here's what the CEO of Abercrombie and Fitch had to say about why he doesn't want fat girls wearing his clothes (they don't make XL or XXL sizes for women):
“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don’t alienate anybody, but you don’t excite anybody, either,”

o.O
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #62307 
LittleBettaFish

I do see that side of the issue, but a trend that seems to be just as common, is when people hate on naturally skinny people. Like Dove ads when they have a whole bunch of women that are in the size 10-14 bracket and they go on about how 'real' these women are.

I am a size 6 with a completely flat chest and no curves. I do not starve or vomit after eating. If I told someone they were overweight everyone would be up in arms, yet it seems perfectly okay for people to continually harass me about how much I eat or that I should put more weight on.

I think the discrimination runs both ways. I just wish people would embrace being healthy. Being obese and happy does not mean you are healthy. Just as being emaciated and happy does not mean you are healthy.

This is just something I have seen a lot of lately and it just annoys me after a while.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #62308 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hey I'm on that wagon, someone shamed me for being anorexic a few years ago. O.o Though I've been 113lbs for like 4 years now (5'4 I think) and I don't think I'm gonna gain weight till I have kids.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #62309 
LittleBettaFish

Haha yeah. I look like a kid still because I am kind of petite. 23 and people think I am 16. I once got asked while I was working at Subway during the day why I wasn't at school. I had to tell them I went to university not school.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #62310 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Prom dress!
Attached Images

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese