Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #62331 
LittleBettaFish

Oh that's wonderful. Come up to my bedroom and see this little grey thing lying on the floor. Oh that's okay, it's just a half-dead unimaculata juvenile that has somehow jumped out of it's cling wrapped tank. I thought it was dead until I splashed it with water.

Then when I try and put it back in the tank all its siblings and its father get excited and start thinking its food and give it a mauling. Poor thing is now sans carpet fluff but looking very sad and sorry for itself.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #62332 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Petsmart has a white dove and two diamond doves and I am so in love. x.x
Thanks for the comments Fishy and Sakura. I love it too. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #62333 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #62334 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I don't think anyone needs any calories from there. x-x Bigger meal is just more poison in the system!

Man everyone is getting promposals lately, heheehehe.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, more empty calories and saturated fats and all that are awful but I meant that because of the amount of baddies in a happy meal, kids can easily become deficient. I go to mcdonalds like once in a blue moon if I'm out and absolutely starved and I am with Matt. I will never walk in there myself. AND I'm a vegetarian! But if I have my niece I have to buy her something. It's usually those chicken fajita things but I think literally I only ever went there 2-3 times in my adult life. As a kid, mom never really took us out to eat ff bc we were too poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Nutrition > calories!

Also, we told our chemistry teacher that almost half the class cheated on the test yesterday (he wasn't here) and he said, "yea I know they've been doing it for a long time. I can't really stop them at this point."
I'm sorry, but what? You can't stop them? This isn't the real world, this is high school. >_>
About this, do you realise what is happening in school boards across the country?! It makes me sick bc I really want to teach and I believe in ethical teaching, like so many others but parents and boards are changing it (the parents have the influence) and I don't know about ON but here there are no more holding back kids who do not pass the work. This one wrenches my guts, as a kid who was held back in grade 7 I fully understand both sides of the argument; kids who are held back are socially excluded and outcasted in a classroom of younger kids but they have a chance to focus on their work and get it done right! My best friend until grade 7 was also held back but her mom kicked up a stink about it and harassed the principles and stuff. Dealing with parents can be scary stuff, I don't know why parents stop pareting their teenager kids and then freak out if they fail.

I think I'm going into the education program with a strong bias against parents. That, and the new system in place here which ranks kids of different learning abilities in one classroom. SO, beacuse they cannot hold them back anymore to repeat a grade, the kids are all getting lumped into one room for the same grade but with different learning abilities! Matt went through this last year on his work term at an elementary school. There were smart kids and ones who couldn't read (in grade 6!) and one teacher to teach them all and get them to par on his curriculum. Honestly, and now in Newfoundland there have been cuts in the education system which affects gym, music and art class. So if your province is anything like mine, no- your teacher could not do anything about the cheating kids because his administration is already holding a noose around his neck from outside pressure.

*eta* omg I got so caught up in that rant that I forgot to say how beautiful your dress is oly!! Belle of the ball

Welcome back Bekah! I'll expect my coquee frog in tomorrow's express post :)

Last edited by Laki; 05-09-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #62335 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
No, more empty calories and saturated fats and all that are awful but I meant that because of the amount of baddies in a happy meal, kids can easily become deficient. I go to mcdonalds like once in a blue moon if I'm out and absolutely starved and I am with Matt. I will never walk in there myself. AND I'm a vegetarian! But if I have my niece I have to buy her something. It's usually those chicken fajita things but I think literally I only ever went there 2-3 times in my adult life. As a kid, mom never really took us out to eat ff bc we were too poor.

About this, do you realise what is happening in school boards across the country?! It makes me sick bc I really want to teach and I believe in ethical teaching, like so many others but parents and boards are changing it (the parents have the influence) and I don't know about ON but here there are no more holding back kids who do not pass the work. This one wrenches my guts, as a kid who was held back in grade 7 I fully understand both sides of the argument; kids who are held back are socially excluded and outcasted in a classroom of younger kids but they have a chance to focus on their work and get it done right! My best friend until grade 7 was also held back but her mom kicked up a stink about it and harassed the principles and stuff. Dealing with parents can be scary stuff, I don't know why parents stop pareting their teenager kids and then freak out if they fail.

I think I'm going into the education program with a strong bias against parents. That, and the new system in place here which ranks kids of different learning abilities in one classroom. SO, beacuse they cannot hold them back anymore to repeat a grade, the kids are all getting lumped into one room for the same grade but with different learning abilities! Matt went through this last year on his work term at an elementary school. There were smart kids and ones who couldn't read (in grade 6!) and one teacher to teach them all and get them to par on his curriculum. Honestly, and now in Newfoundland there have been cuts in the education system which affects gym, music and art class. So if your province is anything like mine, no- your teacher could not do anything about the cheating kids because his administration is already holding a noose around his neck from outside pressure.

*eta* omg I got so caught up in that rant that I forgot to say how beautiful your dress is oly!! Belle of the ball

Welcome back Bekah! I'll expect my coquee frog in tomorrow's express post :)
Lol its coqui Laki, not coquee. Just come to Puerto Rico as they are endemic to this island and there is actually one species in particular, the smallest one, that cannot live anywhere else but Puerto Rico.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #62336 
Laki

lol thanks for the correction! I know they're pretty nuiscant but I think they're adorable and the sound they make!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #62337 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
lol thanks for the correction! I know they're pretty nuiscant but I think they're adorable and the sound they make!
Nuisance is relative. Here we are used to the sound they make, so its not a bother. In Hawaii they arent, so the noise is bothersome, yet the noise the gecko makes at night doesnt bother hawaiians.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #62338 
FishyFishy89

Awh, Bekah. I r sowwie you lost one of your angels. Maybe you can get him a new girlfriend?

Doing a water change today/new dosing of rid-ich. I tink I see white fuzzys on my java moss. Is plant fungus spreadable to fishys? I don't need anymore stuff attacking my fish -.- And I woke with a wonderful headache this morning.....it won't go away on it's own accord >:P
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #62339 
djembekah

Eh i think i will just spoil him until he kicks the bucket too, and wait to get more angels when i have space for a larger fish tank. they're so gorgeous though. I'm sad.

might try adding my female bettas and the swordtails back into that tank though. Slowly. then i can get rid of the ten gallon like mom wants.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #62340 
FishyFishy89

Getting rid of fish tanks is so wrong :(
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese