Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #62441 
LittleBettaFish

I always think my animals are younger than what they are. I mean my youngest dog I still call a puppy and she's nearly two!

I hope we get two or more years out of our old cat. He has put on a full kilogram in weight and we hope to get him back up to his original weight again.

Our oriental cat has the biggest crush on him. Sometimes I wake up in the night and he is licking/clawing the spot on the bed where the old cat has slept. Weirdo.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #62442 
Tikibirds

Just Calcifer - he is a massive pain in the rear, Unless he is sleeping which is the only time he behaves.

There have been other cats but they never lived very long.
Oreo - Don't remember why he died

Whiskers - someone HUNG HIM FROM A TREE

Lucky

One of these black and white ones my sister STOLE from the neighbor. Whichever one it is died from Phnemonia on christmas night a while back. I think it was oreo.

Sh*tty Kitty - still alive

And then ther eis the Devil spawn himself
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #62443 
LittleBettaFish

Why is he the devil? I admit I like the devil cats the best. We have one that's party trick is to spring out from the bushes at you as you come down our death-trap outside stairs carrying something heavy.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #62444 
Tikibirds

And Fuzzums - his liver was so big they said he wouldnt last the wee so he was put down right before xmas 2011

The other thorn in my side

Last edited by Tikibirds; 05-14-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #62445 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Why is he the devil? I admit I like the devil cats the best. We have one that's party trick is to spring out from the bushes at you as you come down our death-trap outside stairs carrying something heavy.
He is still young and is always into something. On top of my fish tanks, knocking stuff off tables, the top of the fireplace, the fridge, ect. Plus since he is partially black, he can conceal himself under things - like the dresser, bed, blanket and then he just randomly pops out.

One night I had the light off in my room and the room was only lite via the computer screen. All I seen was this slender black thing move out from under the dresser..it was his freakin leg After finding a SNAKE on top of the refrigerator when I lived in Alaska (which has no natural reptiles) things slithering along kinda freak me out. I was not a happy camper about finding and then trying to catch a random snake - which was later IDed as a Mexican something snake..Rat snake, i think - too bad I was several thousand miles in the opposite direction of mexico

Last edited by Tikibirds; 05-14-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #62446 
LittleBettaFish

He sounds like pretty much most cats we've owned.

Our current devil cat can't come inside except at night because he attacks the other cats. Instead he contents himself with getting on our roof and just staring at them through the clerestory window.

I think he likes messing with their minds.

Our oriental just has some kind of neurological problem I think. I sometimes find him just hanging by his front paws from our curtain railings with his hind legs flailing about. You get him down and two seconds later he is back again.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #62447 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I think if you did something like that, you would feel sad, but also have the satisfaction that you gave those animals a dignified end and depending how old they are, possibly a happy last few years.

The only thing would be cost. We had to fork out a few thousand for our senior cat recently because of his thyroid and issues with pancreatitis. He is now on tablets that cost around $1 a day, so you would probably have to factor in the costs of maintaining elderly animals.
It wouldn't be that bad since I'm gonna be a vet. :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #62448 
Yuuie

morning all finally some rain but could of gone with out the thunder at 3am ish
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #62449 
Laki

Oh Tiki.. Oliver would give you a run for your money. Just in terms of bites and scratches. He's playful like a kitten and trainable like a dog but you have to be careful holding him or playing too close bc he does bite... And he bites with his jaws, not only with his teeth. He clamps down like a little pitbull kitty.

My sister's cat Illusion, on the other hand, was bad for knocking things over and spilling thins and getting into food and my dog at the time taught him that if he begs for food he will get some. The two of them were a pair, but I don't want to spam the page with my YT videos (If you're ever bored my YT id is AKINAacacia)

I had a scary bad dream about Bunny. The upstairs ppl are moving out and in my dream instead of moving out they got like 6 dogs- mixed up from terriers to a Lab. The Lab was enormous too, like solid like a horse but big like a mastiff. Anyway for some reason my bunny was in the yard and one of the dogs got her leg and she ended up dying. But before she died she grunted and tried to hide her injury and I didn't bring her to the vet. So sad. I woke up and gave her extra oats and loves. Would never let anything like that happen!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #62450 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I can not believe that you named a cat s***ty kitty lol.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese