Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #62471 
LittleBettaFish

Sorry to hear you lost all your dojo loaches Sakura.

I look over and see cheeky old cat scoffing down one of my corn chips. Then as I'm getting my laptop he has his head in my glass of milk.

He is the biggest food thief.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #62472 
Sakura8

Thanks, LBF. They were such squiggly things but boy would they scare me when they'd bury themselves in the sand with only the head sticking out.

Haha, funny food thief feline. One of my cats stole an entire slab of ham off my dinner plate one night while I was getting the silverware. Fortunately, she only got to eat a few bites before I took it back. Talk about sodium overload for her.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #62473 
djembekah

I am totally craving ridiculous foods
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #62474 
Sakura8

Like? Green eggs and ham?

I have donuts. Store-bought Entemann's donuts but donuts nonetheless.

So why am I craving peanut butter cookies?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #62475 
djembekah

Actually ham. yes. with scalloped potatoes and green beN casserole and stuffing and cranberry sauce and other ridiculous things thT make up Christmas dinner.

but i had toast amd tropical punch. i was legit hungry. weird eh?
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #62476 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I just heard Mocha howling for the first time ever when I was in the shower and she's going absolutely nuts. I really should have forced her to go with me. I've been thinking about trying one of those thunder shirts or rescue remedy but those things don't work for a lot of dogs, but it's always worth a shot. I mean I couldn't get my dog past a pile of dirt today. That's what scared her. A meter high pile of dirt at the end of the lawn. Couldn't get her to cross past it or within 2 meters of it. I even brought some over to show her what it was but to no avail.
Then again, I've been trying to get her used to traffic cones for months but that isn't going too well either.
Posted via Mobile Device
I truly feel your pain. This is how Coco went out, but he was 14 and had that many years of anxiety under his belt.

Caesar Milan's method is to force her to face the things she's afraid of until they don't spook her. I think this is a harsh way to "train" though.

Victoria Stillwell (my goddess) suggests making the things she's afraid of happy fun things. And since you have a gigantic dog this would be the better way to train her. Borrow a street cone from the fellows on the road (I know they would do it around here) and play Mocha's favorite game around it inside the house. If she's afraid of dirt, make piles of it in the backyard and throw treats by it.

Mochas is young enough to know better. But I tell you, fix it now because the hardest thing ever is watching your best furry friend suffer inside their heads like that over nothing. Rescue Remedy (4x the dose) + a melatonin + a valerian were what I used to help Coco sleep. I don't agree with hooking dogs up on prozac and stuff because it ignores the problem, whereas the natural remedies help calm so you can work with them still.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #62477 
xjenuhfur

Ugh I am fighting to stay awake in this class.
Ad my back is absolutely terrible this morning. T.T
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #62478 
FishyFishy89

Still no ich. YAY!!!!

So this weekend, if the ich stays away, I can get more angels. Should I add all 3-4 of the replacing angels at once(after QT of course) or just 1 at a time(after QT of course)?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #62479 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I don't agree with hooking dogs up on prozac and stuff because it ignores the problem, whereas the natural remedies help calm so you can work with them still.
I disagree with that point. I've found that prozac has done nothing to change the personality of our two cats that are on it. All it has done is remove the compulsion to spray. Then they can start to 're-learn' that the litter tray is where they are supposed to be eliminating because it starts to become a habit.

The aim of prozac is the same as the aim of your natural remedies. It's meant to take the edge of the anxiety/compulsive behaviour/etc. off so that you can then re-train more desirable behaviours.

We tried all the natural remedies and suggestions with our cats. None of them worked. Sometimes medication is the only option left.

We have a nervy dog. She has dog related aggression that stems from fear and is very nervous when visitors come over to our house (especially males) so her approach is to run at them barking with her hackles up and then shy away.

Have you thought about training a 'focus' command into Mocha? All our dogs have a 'watch' command, whereby they are (supposed) to look at me and then sit down when I say it. I've started to look at clicker training for our bag of nerves. Positive reinforcement for these dogs is so important. Cesar Milan just floods dogs and they shut down, you see it all the time on his show. Forcing a dog way past its comfort zone and then trying to train it is useless.

I am trying to end every training session with me and my girl on a positive note, but it is extremely frustrating at times and there are walks where I've wanted to strangle her with her leash by the time we get home haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #62480 
Silverfang

I can attest to the wonderfulness of prozac, don't knock it till you're on it.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese