Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #62481 
LittleBettaFish

We were so worried it was going to make our cats into zombies but our fears were completely unfounded. They get it in a kibble treat once a day (it is very bitter tasting and the liquid made them sick) and apart from the lack of spraying they are still the same cats as before.

I had to laugh when someone at the vet said to just use the feliway plugs. Our oriental used to spray on the feliway diffuser.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #62482 
Neil D

Hey guys...wow it's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted here. How've all the oldies been? haha
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #62483 
Laki

I haven't used prozac on my animals for fear it will change them neurologically. I have an acquaintance who had a HARD time coming off anti-depressants, so I can only imagine what it does to the serotonin and dopamine receptors more than herbs. BUT I digress, just because I wouldn't use it and I would not reccommend it to anyone without having them try alternate training and other techniques first (like you did with your cats) I think it should still not be taken lightly.

Like, for instance, we know nothing of the routine at Olymp's house in regards of where the dogs feel they stand in the "pack" and who feeds them and walks them and plays etc. . . There are a lot of factors to play into this, I would try positive reinforcement training first and then work from there with natural or chemical supplements. Since Olympia seems to be more favorable to natural solutions in humans I thought there are some holistic things I used that might help :)

As with betta keeping, every pet is different and we all have different methods in dealing with stuff depending on what's available to us! :)

Took Oliver outside again, we were hanging out and a crow was across the street hopping around. As soon as it seen Oliver it flew onto the electrical wire and cawked and cawked and squawked at him like it was raving mad. Then it jumped onto the street and squawked so I took out my phone to video what might happen. Not alot but I'll share it once it uploads to facebook :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #62484 
LittleBettaFish

Oh, I would never push someone into using drugs as a first option without exploring other avenues first.

For fearful dogs, I agree that positive is always best. I don't coddle our girl when she is being fearful about things, but I try not to get frustrated and yell at her either.

She had a sort of 'fear' period that coincided with her first season. Things she saw on her daily walks would become new and scary each time we went out. I have never had a dog like that before and it was so hard for me to deal with.

I also suggest that it may be beneficial to seek an actual professional to help. A proper trainer (not just some Joe Blow hanging out his shingle) will the experience to help get the dog over their fears that the average owner will most likely not. We are taking our youngest to a trainer because there are issues (pulling and lack of focus) that we cannot deal with ourselves.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #62485 
Yuuie

hi all back from work actually got out on time so yay there and got some gas for my car before it goes up again. turned out to be a eventful day too. got a mystery shipment today with stuff for our reno's and i'm sure i told the guy when he called we had no space for it but they sent it anyway. and it looks like one of our regular customers had a heart attack in walmart. thankfully a bunch of off duty nurses were in so they took care of him until a ambulance came here's hoping he well be ok.

Last edited by Yuuie; 05-15-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #62486 
Laki

That was (and is) one of my greatest fears about working, what if a customer takes ill suddenly! Hope that person is okay, Yuuie!

LBF, I'm glad it works on your cats because nothing nastier than the stink of male cat. I think my anxiety coincides with the hyper-pharmaceutical society we live in where everything is "healed" and "treated" with pharmaceuticals from a hyper kid ("must have ADD and ADHD") to a sad kid ("he must be depressed and have suicidal thoughts")

omg just got called for an interview at dollarama- despite having a job already.. Hope it's not wasting my time or his if he doesn't want to work around another schedule.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #62487 
Sakura8

Hi Neil!

Laki, I loved the video! I put a harness and lead on Risdee and he just lays there. "I'm not gonna move if I can't be free."
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #62488 
Yuuie

yea were hoping he is ok just glad that everyone there was there. i'm trained in first aid but i tend to freeze in some situations so i would of been useless
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #62489 
FishyFishy89

I dont like giving my animals medications. It's so unnatural to me.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #62490 
Laki

Thanks Sakura! I think he took to it so naturally because he used to be an outside cat before his owner went to jail (real winners around here) and this is the only way he knows he'll get outside. I can't leave the harness on inside because he does a weird belly flop like a death roll and then tries to chew it off.

The neighbor who was moving stuff came out and we were talking about him being so good on the leash because a lot of cats freak out on it.

Does anybody want to take a look at my thread in emergencies?? There's a weird thing on Lude's gill. I posted yesterday :< No response.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese