Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #62491 
Sakura8

I'll look, Laki.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #62492 
LittleBettaFish

Haha cats on harnesses (I assume that is what you were talking about Laki) are hilarious sometimes. I took our old cat Bandit out in one since he's become an indoors only cat, to visit the neighbours. Once he realised I was not trying to kill him he was happy to walk on it.

Luckily we have lots of shrubs in our front garden so people don't think we are completely nuts.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #62493 
Sakura8

I have one who I put on a harness. She totally freaked out, leaped 3 feet in the air and snapped the breakaway latch. Took off across the back yard with the harness and leash trailing behind her and another of our cats chasing the leash. I wish I'd gotten a video but it happened so fast.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #62494 
LittleBettaFish

Only one of ours hated the harness. He much preferred the car as his mode of transportation. Mum used to drive him loose in the car with us when we got dropped off at school.

How did you manage to catch your cat? Did she just eventually hide somewhere or come back?

When I was younger, I once tied our car cat to a metal cat cage so he would stay still while I brushed him. He took off around the house dragging the cage behind him and we had to wait until he wedged himself somewhere before we could get him.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #62495 
Sakura8

I would adore a cat who loved to ride in the car. I'm forbidden now to take any of the cats after at least two lost bladder control.

Well, the cat who was chasing the leash managed to grab it enough to slow the freaked out cat down and we were able to just kinda haul her in like a sailor hauls in his daily catch.

I bet the metal cage rattling behind him scared the kitty litter outta that cat!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #62496 
LittleBettaFish

Haha yeah. It was one of those decisions made where your brain vacates your head.

My mum once tried to let one of our current cats out of the carry cage while she was alone and driving the car. Cat proceeded to nearly claw her face off and so she had to pull over and wrestle her back into the cage.

Life is never dull with a cat.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #62497 
Sakura8

No, that it certainly is not. They say pets lower your blood pressure. Sometimes I think cats raise it.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #62498 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

O_O I'm scared to move in with a cat. Apparently this one is 10 years old.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #62499 
LittleBettaFish

Just learn to always look where you are going when you are doing things. Otherwise you are liable to end up on your bum with an innocent looking cat purring at your feet.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #62500 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Where did the entire section that contained contests, betta chat, classifieds, art, and memorials go???

Sakura, please go to my disease thread and walk me through the dissection. Sigh. I'm so sorry to nag you.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese