betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #62501 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

*Facepalm* I just hid it... Lol.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #62502 
djembekah

i'm grateful grandma got me this metal water bottle in hawaii but really. i don't like metal water bottles. leave the water in for too long and it starts tasting..well. like metal.
djembekah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #62503 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #62504 
Laki

eww I hate metal bottles too!

Thanks Sakura for looking at my thread.. I'll read more up on lymphocystis after I call this guy from the dollar store. I prepared a phone speech even though my interview is in an hour and now I'll probably be late. *sigh* life.

I figured out how to upload my video! So I'll post it after my call, providing I don't have to go in for the interview. I'm not psyched for it, and I told him yesterday..

Yes, Oliver is walked on a harness. It's not a safety latch one because I never want to lose him from it, and since I'm with him he should never get stuck in a tree! lol A metal cage banging behind anybody would be terrifying! lol 2 summers ago at the cafe I worked at someone tied their 2 shepherd pups to the metal tables outside and one got spooked by a truck and ran and then the table scared him so he kept running. Fortunately someone waiting at the lights stopped him before he could run into the road. I told the people to bring their dogs in the cafe and I gave them roast beef slices.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #62505 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Sorry Jenn! I looked back at your first post and saw "class on electronics" I hate when profs can't speak clearly.. I mean, hire non-native English speakers because they're people too but have them pass a fluency test before speaking to a room of people!! They have it bad in the Sciences and Maths in my uni.
As a non-native English speaker, I felt the compulsion to address this as it seems kind of callous. Jenn was referring to the professor's accent, not his/her ability to speak English fluently. You may speak English fluently, yet have a thick accent. An accent does not impede you from speaking a language fluently. I'd like to see you, as a native English speaker, try to speak Spanish, for example, to a native Spanish speaker and do so fluently, without an accent.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #62506 
Laki

I think there might have been a mess up when I responded to Jenn. I thought the prof was not speaking fluently, I didn;t know it was an accent. I know there's a difference between accent and fluency, however, I stand by what I said. I would not expect to be well understood if I taught a non-language course in Spanish at a Spanish school.. I took a Russian class and trust me, I know my non-english speaking is terrible! I can make fun of myself for it though, and I would never even apply for a teaching position in which I would be teaching in another language. I wish to go to Asia to teach ESL and there I am sure I will come to terms with the difficulty in teaching.

I'm sorry if I offended you. It is never my intention to come off as crass or ignorant. And I think I had in mind a particular type of teacher, for instance, one at my university who is from China and teaches statistics but cannot convey with his language skills what he means to English students. In fact, 80% of his classes usually fail or drop out and if they DO pass it's because they paid the special Stats tutor, who profits off the university's decision to give this guy tenure. Not even sure he did ESL before the job. Nothing against him, he's a genious and knows stats well but he shouldn't be teaching it in Atlantic Canada!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #62507 
FishyFishy89

I tried to leash/walk my kitty. She just clung to the walls of the house xD She was not happy LOL
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #62508 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I think there might have been a mess up when I responded to Jenn. I thought the prof was not speaking fluently, I didn;t know it was an accent. I know there's a difference between accent and fluency, however, I stand by what I said. I would not expect to be well understood if I taught a non-language course in Spanish at a Spanish school.. I took a Russian class and trust me, I know my non-english speaking is terrible! I can make fun of myself for it though, and I would never even apply for a teaching position in which I would be teaching in another language. I wish to go to Asia to teach ESL and there I am sure I will come to terms with the difficulty in teaching.

I'm sorry if I offended you. It is never my intention to come off as crass or ignorant. And I think I had in mind a particular type of teacher, for instance, one at my university who is from China and teaches statistics but cannot convey with his language skills what he means to English students. In fact, 80% of his classes usually fail or drop out and if they DO pass it's because they paid the special Stats tutor, who profits off the university's decision to give this guy tenure. Not even sure he did ESL before the job. Nothing against him, he's a genious and knows stats well but he shouldn't be teaching it in Atlantic Canada!
Totally understandable. I had a Hungarian Calculus professor in uni, who would switch between Spanish, English and Hungarian if he didn't know how to say a word.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #62509 
FishyFishy89

Think I should get all 3 of my replacement angels at once or just 1 at a time?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #62510 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Got rejected from Queen's today and the apartment hunt begins.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese