Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #62521 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

So if I get a pet friendly apartment looks like I'm getting a rabbit that would otherwise get abandoned. He's the spitting image of the rabbit I had when I was little (white mini rex with black spots) but I had a girl. He's already 5 years old and not neutered, but he's never done anything that unaltered male rabbits seem to be famous for. He's legit the sweetest thing in the world, I love him. :D And my parents said they'll cover my rent down there as long as I study so once I get a job he can get spoiled.

The sad news is I don't think the 90 will fit in the car so I may have to downgrade the goldies to a 55, but with the 6 of them it should work, just be a little tight. .
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #62522 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Zoey is half pug, half dauschund. her whole ear is like, inflated :/ Mom researched, and is pretty sure she popped a blood vessel and it filled with fluid, and that happened by scratching. Mom thinks that we'll have to take her to the vet when we can afford it, and have her ear lanced and drained. for now we're icing it and giving her ear drops so it doesnt itch :( i feel bad

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...psce193ae6.jpg
thats from a bit ago, when it SEEMED to be getting a little better. it looked worse today.

I watched this procedure several times. In the course of a month a lab came in to have it done twice, he got it from always shaking his head. They basically pop it and bleed it out (really messy, messiest surgery ever) and then stitch it up. You'd have to find a way to stop the scratching or it can keep happening over and over.
And yea it definitely looks like that. :p
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #62523 
djembekah

Yeah we'll keep an eye on it. Poor thing. i REALLY think she's got allergies but my mom is just like NO ITS PROBABLY FLEAS :/

gonna research food allergies for dogs, and maybe invest in better food.

ALTHOUGH ear mite drops seem to help a bit.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #62524 
Laki

Aw her ear looks like a microwave popcorn bag. Sin. Hope it clears up soon!

Olymp! A bunny, and a mini rex no less. Best breed IMO. I think a mature bunny would make a WAY better student pet than a young rambunctious bunny. Baby bunnies are cute but.. Never again. They're not THAT cute, destructive and messy and hormonal. No thanks.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #62525 
djembekah

at the pet store, they had this gorgeous four year old male tabby visiting from a cat sanctuary. i wanted hiiim.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #62526 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Soy and corn are the biggest allergies I think for dogs. You can find soy/corn free foods fairly cheap, doesn't have to be super duper stuff but they make average quality for an okay price.

Yea he's so friendly considering that he's alone in a basement all day. He was my friend's older sister's but she got bored of him after a week and is now at university. She came back, took him out of the cage, posted a photo on Facebook saying they were reunited at last, and put him back and never took him out. My friend tries but she's ridiculously allergic to him, and she tried contacting rabbit rescues a few times but they ignored her and she gave up. I was gonna take him before but my parents were like no! And now I'm like yes!
He's the bestest, I always do his nails whenever I go over cause they never get done. I could go on forever about him cause he's the best. :p
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #62527 
LittleBettaFish

Two of our cats can't eat any foods with corn/cereals in them because they just vomit them straight back up.

Some dogs can also be allergic to certain meat proteins (or something like that) and so their owners have to switch them onto alternative sources like bison, venison, salmon etc.

I have noticed a big difference in the appearance of our animal's coats since we moved everyone onto higher quality foods. It is more expensive, but a lot of the time you actually end up using less food on some of the higher end brands.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #62528 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I tried to leash/walk my kitty. She just clung to the walls of the house xD She was not happy LOL
I put Ashes in a harness once. She chewed it off and gave me the look of come near me again I will chew off that hand
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #62529 
FishyFishy89

Oh carp! Are you able to get that poor pup to the vet?
I forgot what it's called. But the vet will have to drain it. Is it hard or soft/squishy?

Also, I always make sure I have a plastic cone-of-shame on hand for moments like these. 1 will make sure she doesn't do harm to her ear.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 05-17-2013 at 12:09 AM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #62530 
Sakura8

Just popping to say hi and I love you all so very much.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese