dramaqueen
Banned

My neighbor's cat died today. :(
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #62552 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

Yea he's so friendly considering that he's alone in a basement all day. He was my friend's older sister's but she got bored of him after a week and is now at university. She came back, took him out of the cage, posted a photo on Facebook saying they were reunited at last, and put him back and never took him out. My friend tries but she's ridiculously allergic to him, and she tried contacting rabbit rescues a few times but they ignored her and she gave up. I was gonna take him before but my parents were like no! And now I'm like yes!
He's the bestest, I always do his nails whenever I go over cause they never get done. I could go on forever about him cause he's the best. :p
Posted via Mobile Device
Aw he sounds like my Akina. She belonged to my cousin bc my cousin impulse bought her from a breeder. Anyway, the rabbit lived alone in a spare room (free range) and ate whatever the rats kicked out of the cage and the baseboards. My cousin bought her the cheapest crappiest food and Akina was obese (as mini rexes are prone) She asked me to take Akina when she got evicted from her place and I kept her. Despite having no attention she was the sweetest softest thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Do you have any advice for me on rabbit nail trimming? My rex is ready but I am trying to research before I attempt. He is black. I do my dogs nails and had a guinea pig I clipped without making them bleed but a new creature.... I always get nervous when I haven't done them before. Is it similar to dog/cat/guinea trimming? Same rules?
Basically, have someone hold him in a towel (bunny burrito) and shine a light under the nails so you can see the quick. Then cut down towards it, more than the tip. :)

I will miss you Sakura, see you on facebook :) You're awesome.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #62553 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh no Teresa I am sorry about your neighbors cat dying, what happened how old was he or she ? I get really worried because one my sons cats is really getting up there in years and we all love that cat so much he is King Cyrano and he knows it but he is so sweet where as the other cat Athena is a little meany but we love her too..lol
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #62554 
Laki

Aw I pressed reply before seeing the last page. I'm SO sorry about the loss!! Such a sin :(
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #62555 
dramaqueen
Banned

She was about 15 or 16 years old and her organs shut down. She only weighed 3 lbs when she died.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #62556 
ANHEL123

I am very sad and upset that Sakura leaving the forum. Oldfishlady and Sakura were the first two people that i could count on help, kindness , understanding since i am on the forum 07/2010. And any time of the day we all sent her our messages for help, and always got response no matter what time it was. So the forum loosing very dear friend and very knowledgeable person . The people like that always missed and remembered. So i really wish that we will see Sakura back.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #62557 
Tikibirds

Poor Kitty :(
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #62558 
sunlight

Sakura i am really sorry that you are leaving , good luck to you and i wish you come back soon.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #62559 
Indigo Betta

i'm so sorry to hear you have to leave Sakura:( i'll miss you. you helped me so much with Indigo all the time i had him and i am truly grateful for that. i hope you can come back someday! good luck to you!
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #62560 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Zoey is half pug, half dauschund. her whole ear is like, inflated :/ Mom researched, and is pretty sure she popped a blood vessel and it filled with fluid, and that happened by scratching. Mom thinks that we'll have to take her to the vet when we can afford it, and have her ear lanced and drained. for now we're icing it and giving her ear drops so it doesnt itch :( i feel bad

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...psce193ae6.jpg
thats from a bit ago, when it SEEMED to be getting a little better. it looked worse today.
Ugh... Yup, I've seen those come into the practice that I work at before. Hope she feels better soon! Could you check in to see if your vet has a payment plan or something like CareCredit? Some do, some don't, but it never hurts to ask.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese