Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #62571 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Yeah we're going to have too, soon hopefully. Thank you.

It's frustrating. my mom hates asking for help/thinks telling people about it will make us sound like bad pet owners and that we'll get the humane society called on us or something, and she's suspicious, she like knows i'm talking about the dog online....i am just upset about it and venting.

i think my sister is going to try to pay for at least part of it, or most of it. idk. i hate venting about being poor, but it really upsets me that we have these pets we cant totally afford.
If the people who could afford to pay for any given illness or emergency that could pop up at any time at the drop of a hat were the only people to have pets, there would be very few pet owners out there and an ungodly number of animals living in shelters and on the street. Heck, I know people who work at vet clinics who can't always afford to pay for treatment at the time of service, and they get a pretty decent discount... So they really can't afford to talk about clients, who pay full price, not being able to pay. It's one of those things that so long as you're polite and upfront with them about your situation from the beginning, they're likely to be willing to work with you. lol The vast majority of people who work at a vet practice aren't in it for the money (vets especially - they come out of school with 8+ years of student loans into a field that has insane hours and may not pay all that well right out of school 0.o) - they want to help the animals who come through their doors and work with owners to figure out the best way to keep their animals healthy and happy.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #62572 
djembekah

Thank you. :) you're right. it just frustrates me that we can't get her in right away.

also my stomach hurts a lot this morning wow
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #62573 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #62574 
FishyFishy89

I know if I stress out my tummy starts to hurt and I get a headache.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #62575 
djembekah

Idk maybe that's it. My sinuses are killing me as usual but that doesn't usually relate to stomach aches.

anyways I'm at the high school for my brother's play and i feel like butt
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #62576 
Laki

Oh Olympia! SHe's the greatest! once her fur grow back in :)

Spent 8 hours at work reading my book. People take the long May 24th weekend seriously around here and I literally made 50$ for the day. Plus, as is tradition on this weekend when everyone's out on the pits camping, the weather is terrible today.

Headache from yesterday is still here today. Glory.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #62577 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hehe. :D
I just emailed the program councilor about switching from Bachelor of Science to Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
Hopefully it works out. It'd let me apply to vet school a year early, and just continue my degree if that didn't work out. If not a vet I could pick animal science, crop science, honours agriculture, or organic agriculture as a major.
Hopefully he replies soon cause it'd be so much easier to switch before starting.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #62578 
Hadoken Kitty

Hey everyone. Apparently I missed Sakura's bye. How sad... :(

I'm sorry I haven't been on as of late. I've been...well...beyond busy to say the least. Sick is an understatement, work, school, etc. Paarthurnax passed and I've taken it really hard....I hope that things end up working out, though....I'll be moving soon and I've applied at a Dental place as a receptionist. So hopefully I'll get this job. Its way closer to where I'll be than my current job.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #62579 
blu the betta

just got 2 ciclids!
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #62580 
dramaqueen
Banned

My tacos and rice turned out pretty good. Matt, I love Mexican food and pretty much any spicy food.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese