Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #62641 
Tikibirds

why did you take your fishies to petsmart DQ? :(

Matt - no body likes my fishies either But I do have 6 fish tanks. I downsized after a few died recently so more more KK's. Smallest is a 5G.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #62642 
djembekah

i'm in a bad place mentally and i don't know what to do, because i can't afford anything
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #62643 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I better put a tagline on my site about it being an international blog haha.

I did have to laugh the other day. My dad's mum has always favoured our cousins over us, so we always hear of their achievements and what they have been up to every time we go up there. They went to private school and are accomplished musicians and the daughter is studying to be a pharmacist.

My nan has seen my blog, and now she has the great idea that she wants to share it with my cousins.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that they are most likely not going to understand why I blog about my fish. Only people in the hobby would be interested because to most people, fishkeeping involves a goldfish and a bowl. They are most likely going to be sitting there thinking that I have no life. Which probably isn't far off the mark haha
I had a similar issue with my grandma before she died. The whole family favored my cousins over me because I was more of a down to Earth kid. I didn't spend my entire life with my nose in books like my cousins did. Now I wonder what she would think if she saw me get a degree and the one cousin I was always compared to is working at Kroger grocery store. Not to say it is bad but it is interesting. She has a large degree and at a grocery store. It doesn't make sense. She is still living with her parents with a child and a boyfriend. And the boys in that family are going in their mid twenties and still live with their parents too. I am not saying my grandma didn't love or support be because she did. She didn't understand me. Sorry, you sparked a memory for me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #62644 
LittleBettaFish

That's okay. My dad's sister puts on a bit of a 'perfect family facade', and our side looks like a ferals by comparison. However, there's no use in competing against them. If people are doing what makes them happy in life that's all that matters.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #62645 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
That's okay. My dad's sister puts on a bit of a 'perfect family facade', and our side looks like a ferals by comparison. However, there's no use in competing against them. If people are doing what makes them happy in life that's all that matters.
Exactly, Great point
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #62646 
Laki

Bekah, a hot bath with some lavender or citrus oil/soap might help. Then a cup of tea. I'm poor too and a bath usually helps, while you're in there breathe in as much as your lungs can handle without exploding, hold it for 3 seconds and exhale slowly through your mouth. Do this like 5 times.

I'm visiting the breeder today, probably coming home with a PK.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #62647 
Laki

*time to double post*

PickingupmyPlakatinanhourandahalf!!!!!!!!

She said you can see them from the front of the store bc they're so bright fabulous blue!! (she signed a consignment with the new local fish store) only thing is I won't know whose a girl and whose a boy, she hasn't sexed them!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #62648 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's exciting Laki!

My dad doesn't think I should switch programs cause he doesn't think I'd get a good job. -_-
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #62649 
Laki

Thanks Olymp!

I have been reading lately on the whole uni program thing and which degrees get you where. Well, ultimately you have to follow your heart. While any degree is better than no degree these days you do have to choose wisely (I mean, my BA don't mean much more than high school edu in eyes of employers).

However, you cannot let your parents declare what program you take. It's YOUR education, not theirs. (*I hope you can get away with taking whatever program YOU want. My dad never lived with us and my mom is pretty apathetic about things and barely even cares I'm taking post-secondary so I always got to make my own mind)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #62650 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese