Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #62651 
xjenuhfur

I am soooo tired it is ridiculous. I don't think I'm ever going to get a full nights rest this summer semester. I was thinking about changing my work schedule when my electronics class ends, but I realized I'd be able to sleep in and not have to show up to work until 1.
So I think I'm going to sleep. Even though I want the money, I want the sleep more. I'm a zombie. -__-
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #62652 
djembekah

Thanks Laki. I'm trying to do good things for myself but I'm getting caught up in doing bad things instead
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #62653 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

It's the same with BSc too Laki. You need to take a Master's to get anywhere. With the Agri one you can get jobs at the end of the 4 years. I can also do the DVM in 6 years instead of 7 years..
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #62654 
Laki

I think you should follow with the one you want, in the end your personality + your schooling and qualifications count the most.

The lovely breeder and I chatted for some time. It was really hard to pick one but I did. We think its a female but her colors were so uniform and perfect that I don't even care. I don't like the belly and stripes that females get but I already know I love this little fish. I'm acclimating her now and then will get better pics, for now- who can tell her gender??
Attached Images

Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #62655 
djembekah

Can't tell foe certain but she looks very female to me. if you can gwt a shot of the ventral fins i could tekl better
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #62656 
Laki

I just made a thread for her, but she's still pretty tucked in. I saw her ventrals for a very short time. I'm calling her a female until we know better. Maybe in a few hours she'll have them out more. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=184417
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #62657 
xjenuhfur

From the pics (and the post) she looks female to me as well.
But ya never know, these fish like to surprise us!
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #62658 
Laki

Thanks :) Her ventrals don't have the have triangular bend at the top, not as clearly defined as I am to know them. they seem to fall straight down. But I have her name picked out if she's a SHE: Osha. For those not familiar with Game of Thrones, Osha means Bear and is the wild woman caught by the Starks to serve them, but now she's leading Bran and Rickon to the Wall before Winter :) Pronounced OH-sha.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #62659 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Laki do you feed your rabbit pellets? What kind? I may be picking him up earlier than I thought. I'll finish the bag he's on then switch over. Cause he's on cheap food. O.o
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #62660 
Laki

Switch him over slowly, bit by bit like dogs and cats. Bunnies are very sensitive to digestive upset. But good pellets are necessary to make sure they have ALL their nutrients and stuff. I feed Martins Little Friends timothy. It's second best in terms of rabbit pellet, the bestest best being Oxbow Basic/T for adults. Acacia has been on Martins for so long now that when I tried to switch her to Oxbow when it became available in my city she really did not eat it with the zest she does with Martins. I don't know what they add to it but Acacia LOVES it! She gets really excited because in the morning her "breakfast" consists of about 1/4c of pellets and some oats and it makes her ears twist in delight!

Martins Timothy also contains yucca extract so her pee/poo don't smell. This would be very important for a male! I've smelled male rabbits! lol

The most important thing is to provide ridiculous amounts of timothy hay. Some people don't even feed pellets but I do just to be safe. One bag of Martins for one bunny on 1/4 cup per day lasts about a month or more.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese