Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #62941 
LittleBettaFish

God I have stunk my house out 'steeping' my oak leaves. The smell is making me feel sick. Hopefully it goes away before anyone else gets home haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #62942 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol I can relate. Open every window and turn any fans on.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #62943 
LittleBettaFish

Haha it's freezing outside and I have the heater on so I don't want to lose all the heat I have accumulated over the last couple of hours.

I do wonder what my neighbours would think if they saw me 'cooking' leaves and peat moss.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #62944 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh. I just assumed because you live in Australia XD.

Your neighbors would think you are a witch. Just sayin. Lol! Kidding, kidding.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #62945 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I wish we could figure it out Tiki. ): I'm dreading the days I come home to a dead fish. And Goblin is over a year old at this point. Considering when I got him and assuming he was a few months old at that point, he's probably actually almost 2. T.T but he's a big boy and still an avtive little stud muffin.
I feel the same..I had sluggles for a year and a half, he was already an adult when I got him and was literally on deaths door at the time. The same for Mr Magic Mushrooms but he is..I dont know what his issue is. gonna try 25% distilled water for the next WC and see if it makes any difference. I think Sakura is right, something is wrong with my tap water
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #62946 
Neil D

Ohhh nooo, exams start soon....
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #62947 
Laki

Can you drink water from your tap Tiki? I always see Americans drinking bottled water on tv. I don't understand buying water, there's "bottle-water-free" days in my city to curb the unnecessary buying of the world's best free resource. But that's here. I wonder what its like elsewhere.

Olympia, let him have as much water as he wants but you might want to have his kidneys looked at. First though, make him pee on a newspaper and when he does look at it for a white sludgy texture in it. Bunnies who intake too much calcium (from carrots, seeds, alfalfa and bad sugary foods) will often excrete the excess calcium in their urine. Usually this is fine as most bunnies excrete a little pretty easily. However, since your bunny (What is his name?) has been on such a crap diet until now he might have bladder sludge. It will look white where he pees and then you have to touch it (soap exists so don't worry) if it feels gritty he has bladder sludge.

We found a Canadian mastiff rescue. It's in QE so I could visit my sister if she's still stuck there in 2 years or so.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #62948 
Yuuie

morning
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #62949 
Hadoken Kitty

Laki, a lot of Americans drink tap water. It isn't the healthiest, though, as there are a lot of chemicals added. We have especially hard water where I'm at...so I don't like drinking the tap at all. Most people have purifiers that attach to their faucet.

I'm sorry for your burn Bekah! D: Hey, is there a way to post a picture to someone else's page on tumblr?

I'm so psyched. Today is my last day at work. That means tomorrow I get to start changing all of my tanks to NPT with DIRT substrate!!! YAY!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #62950 
djembekah

Kitty, a lot of blogs, including mine, have a submit feature :)

My burn doesn't hurt now but there's a gnarly blister!!
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese