Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #62951 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Laki I talked to the vet about it and she said it should go away by itself if I give him lots of hay and water. But yea he does have sludge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #62952 
Yuuie

hi all back from work was a decent day despite the fun on the bun toaster giving out and the dang thing smoking on us first thing in the morning but the guy came today and fixed it. thinking with all the repairs we had done on it it just might be easier to call it a lost and get a new one.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #62953 
LittleBettaFish

I have a small killifish female in a breeders net inside my Betta unimaculata tank (mouthbrooder that grows to around 4 inches).

I hear a splash, and think nothing of it because the unimaculata male is always jumping and making noise.

A little while later I come back and somehow he had gotten himself into the breeders net with the killifish female. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how to get himself back out.

Now everyone is in together. I swear this fish will send me insane. He is always doing something he shouldn't be.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #62954 
Laki

It sounded like he did, Olympia. That's no big deal as long as you slightly withhold his pellets a bit so he eats more hay! :)

Speaking of which, I need to get bunny out asap. I feel bad she's been in her pen all day.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #62955 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

His old food has calcium carbonate as the third ingredient. Why do they put so much calcium in it?!

I made a pretty printable rabbit safe foods list that I'm gonna upload onto the Warren soon. It's a word 2010 file though so I might wanna try and convert it to something else maybe too..
Okay I uploaded it, can you go check it out? See if the stuff works and all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 05-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #62956 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Kitty, a lot of blogs, including mine, have a submit feature :)

My burn doesn't hurt now but there's a gnarly blister!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I submitted a pic of my white girl to your blog a couple of days ago!!! I just meant like how you can tag people on FB. Lol.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #62957 
Tikibirds

Quote:
A little while later I come back and somehow he had gotten himself into the breeders net with the killifish female. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how to get himself back out.
When I had my gender confused male in with my soroity (lived with them over a year), I had a breeder net that I put one of those petco baby bettas in. Guess who I would find in the breeder net all the time? After a week of this, I just let the baby go free in the tank. He is a pretty big sized male too. The biggest male I have actually and its not all just his long VT, he is big around too - like a king VT if such a thing exists.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #62958 
LittleBettaFish

Haha these guys have massive mouths on them because they are mouthbrooders so I have to be careful as they can fit a surprising amount in.

The killifish is only around the size of the adult male's head. However, she is the same size as his runty daughter so I figured that he is probably not likely to try and eat her.

I always think bettas need whiskers to stop themselves from going where they shouldn't.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #62959 
weapondrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Kitty, a lot of blogs, including mine, have a submit feature :)

My burn doesn't hurt now but there's a gnarly blister!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't put butter on it!
weapondrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #62960 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I've reported so much spam tonight. Seems to be 100% fake drug companies.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese