Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #63701 
Laki

Oh, and then you pierce them to mount them? I guess that makes sense. The chemicals don't hurt the wings or feets?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #63702 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nope, the chems just shut them down neurologically. It appears to be painless but in their last moments they do some weird stuff as their brain is getting shut down. After they stop moving you set them, let them dry (this is so they hold their position), then mount them in a frame or whatever.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #63703 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hello... Talking about me?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #63704 
djembekah

Omg Laki...I'd love it! How much?
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #63705 
FishyFishy89

Limpia!!!! We have missed you!!!!!

nnooooosss!!!! My silvers are having labored breathing! I did a 50% water change, refreshed my CO2 generator and added an air stone. why you no get better fishys!!!???
Interesting that the silvers are the only ones labored. They're also the only ones that apparently have stuffed themselves silly when I attempted to offer my pleco a wafer last night.

yeah....my angels don't sleep
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #63706 
LittleBettaFish

I find if my juveniles eat lots of blackworms and make themselves ridiculously full they sort of hang around near the surface breathing more heavily than usual. It generally stops once they manage to pass some of the blackworms through so it could just be the amount of food they ate causing it.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #63707 
Laki

Wow Matt, that's awesome! Kind of.. In a freaky way. I wonder how they get bugs in candy now, can't chemically shut them down lol You should make a thread and show pics of what you have!!

OLYMPIA!!! Where have you been?!?!?! Jeez louise.

Bekah, PM your address I'll send it for free you silly butt. Free stamps from work plus discount. I'll probably toss in a treat for you and Lucy to eat too :)

My sister and niece just left. Made lentil burgers again. Delish. Now I need to clean but too lazy. Bunny needs to come out too .
Old 07-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #63708 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I find if my juveniles eat lots of blackworms and make themselves ridiculously full they sort of hang around near the surface breathing more heavily than usual. It generally stops once they manage to pass some of the blackworms through so it could just be the amount of food they ate causing it.
2 of them have now passed some food and are doing better. 1 of them, Gil, hasn't appeared to pass much of what he ate. But he's more of a pig than the others....then again, Qasy was much larger than him(the one pictured). If he doesn't pass anything by tonight, he'll go in a QT with some epsom.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #63709 
djembekah

Aw thanks Laki :)
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #63710 
Laki

Half hour water change on shrimp tank.. Long overdue. I think my first batch of babies are coming of breeding age. I spotted a young-un with a dark saddle. Round two!

Also, I remembered I had to get course info for September and it took me over an hour to figure out.... They have some real smrt people over there in the education faculty. Still haven't totally figured it out. Needs to register tomorrow. o.o

*eta* Did I ever mention that I found Hodor? The newest nerite I got for Osha's tank?? Well... He's passed on.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese