djembekah

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #63932 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Yes, in apple cider vinegar, juniper berries, dill, salt, and brown sugar. xD I'm so nervous to try them, my first prepared wild food. It's a monumental step. From my first wild apples to this.
And it's a food rabbit, not a pet rabbit. :p I better get used to eating things I love before I move onto the farm, else I may go hungry a few days. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device
If I moved to a farm, I could totally raise/slaughter my own chicken, cattle, goats(tho I may have favorites), pigs and rabbits. Rabbits I likely won't raise myself tho. They're much happier in the wild than they are in a cage.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #63933 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Domestic rabbits would not be happy in the wild. xD And looking at it that way, any animal would be happier free. Pigs and goats revert to wild form most easily. You could have a 4 year old pig, kept in a barn all it's life, never having grown hair and having trimmed it's tusks, if it gets out in spring, by winter it will look like a wild boar.

I wanna raise giant chinchilla rabbits on rotating pasture, inspired by Polyface farm methods. :D They are great, 7lbs at 8 weeks of age. Double the weight of the rabbit we bought the other day.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #63934 
FishyFishy89

No! LOL
I didn't mean to say I would take a domestic rabbit and put him in the wild. ROFL

And that brings up another thing, I actually prefer boar meat to swine. If the area I am in has an abundance of boar, I may just be fighting them to keep off my garden enough to feed my family for quite a while xD
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #63935 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Are you gonna move onto a farm too someday? :D
From what I've heard, there's a pretty huge boar problem in Texas, I'm sure there's a lot in Florida too. :p You could also try raising hogs on forage, fencing off a large section of forest with a few pigs. They'll basically be like boar then.
Less yield and more land, but all the good stuff seems to be that way. xD A lot of people are converting to pasture raised hogs anyways and do pay a lot for the meat, so it does make up for it a bit. And you spend a lot less time and effort feeding and cleaning.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #63936 
Freyja
Banned

Mmmm boar meat...
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #63937 
FishyFishy89

I plan on it. But you know how plans happen, sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't
Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #63938 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Bleh. I can't imagine ever living in the city when I grow up. .
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #63939 
FishyFishy89

Oh I hate it. I do believe that the 1st chance we get, we'll move to the country side.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #63940 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Oh FedEx, you're such a tease. 1st you said my filter would be here Tuesday. Then you made me happy and said it would be here Saturday. And now you make me sad and say my filter will be here Tuesday :( I suppose, the good news out of this discovery is I can go to the doggie park without worrying about the filter arriving without anyone being home.

ERMERGD!!!!!!! My fishy is supposed to arrive today!!!!
FedEx is a real pain. I never get my packages until a month after they're due. Urgh.
Yay! New fishie!
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese