Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #64071 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I still don't get it lol... Shouldn't it be up to the owner?

Animal showing is weird O.o
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #64072 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I hate how subjective it is. I would rather win because my dog was the fastest around a course, the most obedient etc. rather than have people snidely remarking that it was the handler or politics as to why others win or lose.

Plus I think it does a disservice to the breed when they are just showing. My dog Nike has a weird personality and probably would not stand up to a day of hard work, but she topped the points for our state last year.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #64073 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I believe in South Africa you can show fixed dogs in conformation. But what's the point, people are looking for the best dog for the next generation, I read that in an article by UKC/AKC (can't remember which).
I don't get it either at this point, I mean they all look perfect to me... It made more sense back in the day when all the breeds were in development still.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #64074 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Thanks guys. :D

Soo I'm gonna subscribe to Amazonas, National Geographic, and Canadian Geographic (cause that's what good Canadians do). There goes the part of my cheque that doesn't get put into savings.. xD

Also sad story time. . . Now I'm a very hopeful person and I've never had anything against the homeless (volunteered at the soup kitchen all school year).
When we went to the doctor's office we clean today, through the side door, there was a homeless guy there. Now there's usually quite a few down there. But anyways this was just one in a wheelchair, I've seen him around town but never chatted with him (for good reason..). He was sitting there with a bottle of alcohol, drinking it, he was pretty drunk. Someone had bought him this HUGE meal of food, it was meat and rice and snow peas, it was sitting on the foot rest of the wheelchair.
When we left the office he was gone (well.. sort of.. he had made his way to the other end of the street). He had left the food on the ground, basically untouched.. There were some snow peas that he chewed up and spit up (that we had to clean up). . .
Ugh, it just frustrates me so much. One, it was the most depressing thing I've ever seen. Two, nothing rattles my cage more than food going to waste.
And this is why I don't give money to homeless people/drug addicts asking for money at stop lights.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #64075 
FishyFishy89

I think, that sometimes I just need to stay off the internet. The people who refuse to educate themselves on dogs and how people make them what they are just infuriates and rages me. Oh that dog is aggressive because he is a Shar Pei. Lady, I've met Chihuahuas more aggressive than a fighting dog!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #64076 
Yuuie

afternoon all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #64077 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Fluvals are so pretty. But so much money. ;___;

I am sorry. :( Didn't mean to make you upset. This litter never had a chance. They were already in such poor health by the time someone (gf) noticed. It sucks. Gf would have taken them to the vet, but she hadn't even gotten a chance with her long work hours and her grandmother did not feel comfortable "taking someone else's cats." If the neighbor doesn't fix her cat, the next time she has kittens, girlfriend's taking them and keeping them. No ifs or buts.
You didn't make me upset. I was just trying to show my anger in a comical way. Anyways, there are a ton of stray cats in the area, and I even think some of them are prego. A few of my neighbors haven't fixed their cats, and if they gave birth in my backyard, which I think one did but moved the kittnes, I would keep them. Plus, they're good for keeping gophers out.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #64078 
Sakura8

I . . . have nothing to say. But I want to post something here. But I have nothing fun to report or anything interesting to share. T_T
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #64079 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I . . . have nothing to say. But I want to post something here. But I have nothing fun to report or anything interesting to share. T_T
I hate those moments -.-
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #64080 
Yuuie

woot just finished tidying up my room and added a little salt to the edges to keep some bugs out though i have no clue why i would find the odd ant in here and hopeing it get the spiders too. though honestly i feel like i wasted some salt now.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese