betta fish

Old 08-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #64451 
Hadoken Kitty

snow white died tonight... :(
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #64452 
Tikibirds

Quote:
tiki spam the resume's where ever you can you never know, or come here and work for me has long has you don't mind fast food lol.
Oh god, no. I can't do fast food anymore. People pissed me off so badly when I worked at Taco Bell several years ago I ended up throwing the damn drink out the drive thru window

There are 2 big issues here.
1) everything is seasonal and mostly tourism related
2) Most employers wont hire locals, they wait for the eastern european students. I was told that even though I am working on a MA in military history I cant be a tour guide as the positions are on hold for the eastern europaens. Yes, lets give the job to someone who is majoring in engineering and cant seak a damn word of english and ignore the girl who already HAS a degree in the right area.

Last time I worked in fast food, I got so angry at some dipwad I threw a drink at them. Didnt help that the manager wouldnt stop laughing

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #64453 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Aokashi, really? Like, live bettas for sale? :( I mean, duh. I guess so far no one has considered the betta a food fish
Last time I was in a korean food store they had some intersting food items...
I liked the other asian food shop in fairbanks, they had more stuff like drinks and candies..stuff I would actually eat. I miss the drinks - especially the thai ice tea...and the canned drinks with the jelly like stuff in them
No live fish of any kind though.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #64454 
LittleBettaFish

I think I would seriously smother myself with a pillow before I ever got into the fast food industry again.

I think everyone needs to work in the food industry at least once in their life and maybe people would be a bit nicer to service staff.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #64455 
Micho

Turns out my light bulb was just faulty, time to go to Big Al's tomorrow and get it replaced. It only lasted for a week and a half, must've been defective.

Along with that note I just remembered that someone gave me a $25 gift card for Big Al's, so I might just go do some shopping there tomorrow. More plants probably, I need to fill up my 10g more still.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #64456 
bettabumx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I think I would seriously smother myself with a pillow before I ever got into the fast food industry again.

I think everyone needs to work in the food industry at least once in their life and maybe people would be a bit nicer to service staff.
I randomly clicked on this chat and saw this post, and I couldn't agree more. My first job was working at McDonald's for 6 months, and it was probably the worst 6 months of my life. The way people treat service staff is just ridiculous.
bettabumx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #64457 
djembekah

I've been a cashier for two years and while it probably doesn't suck as much as food service, I will say that customers have been annoyed at me for the misleading sale signs, coupon exclusions, etc. I've rarely had any major issues since I'm fairly calm and patient, then call a manager when I feel like it is necessary, but still. service industry kinda stinks. although i don't mind it terribly because i like people lol
hadoken kitty, sorry about snow white :(
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #64458 
LittleBettaFish

I never realised how angry people could get about a bread roll of all things. My mum can be a bit of a nasty customer so I have to remind her to be polite. I always make sure I don't do any of the things as customer that used to annoy me when I was on the other side of the counter.

So cute. My little killifish juvenile males were sparring. I put some blackworms in with them and since a couple were too big to eat in one go they are doing a sort of group mauling of them.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #64459 
Laki

Sorry about Snow White :(

The best retail job I have had so far, is the tourist shop. Manager/owners/colleagues are all best kind to get along with and the customers are all visiting. I don't think there was an irate customer yet! I can sit on my bum and text too if noone is around and wear what I want. Sometimes the event coordinator brings her Lab cross in too!

Service jobs.. I was a supervisor at a drug store when I was 17-20. Let me tell you. Nothing irks customers more than being out of Pepsi if it's in the flyer. Their rationale is that if it's advertised in the flyer, we should magically have some all week. Second best, why are there limits to how much of said Pepsi they can have. Third best.. old people. The food place I work at now at least has real meat/cheese (as opposed to processed) so people get a sandwich and they pay a little more for it -because its real meat that our boss bakes and picks apart every day, separating the white meat turkey from the dark for example- then they complain bc the fountain drink that comes with their meal is Coke and not Pepsi brand. o.e (*twitch*)

Osha's tank without heatr managed to stay at 79 or something overnight. Glad about that.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #64460 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

New rat!!! Yay!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese