Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #64651 
Tikibirds

I won a prize from the county fair

Poor thing was in that water, in a bag..probably since the fair started a few days ago.

Looking much better after a few hours in a cycled tank, although the tanks current inhabitant is not a very happy camper. I'll remove the female betta once I can catch her but she has been staling the goldie since i released it.and I should of QT'ed it first but I really do not have anything else to put a goldie in. Kritter keepers AND stolen veggie krispers galore but...argh. Why couldnt it of been a betta I won?

What I am going to do with it once it grows, however is a whole other can of worms...
I kinda of always wanted a pond...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-22-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #64652 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Ponds are pretty nice...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #64653 
djembekah

I'm tempted to do a horse trough pond next year. but I'm not sure how it'd work, or how i would get a filter on it or if it'd be deep enough for fish to winter over.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #64654 
Tikibirds

I have seen pond heaters...
but i think it would be easier to bring the fish inside for the winter or move to like...florida
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #64655 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #64656 
Torla

There's an application in for one of my foster dogs -- the first one I've fostered, in fact. She's been with me for two months today. Very mixed feelings. I've had one foster get adopted already, and even though she was only with me a week, it was still hard. This dog is really special, and she deserves a great family...the intention was always to help her get to that family. Still, it won't be easy to let her go, even if it is the right match. But it'll be the right thing for her, and that's the bottom line in all of this. Plus it opens up a space for another foster to come in, and we have so many dogs in need right now.
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #64657 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Packing for university. So. Fricken. Weird.
Had a lovely time yesterday talking about how most college and university students will end up with basically minimum wage pay for most of their lives. I can't get a job with the bachelor's degree that's over minimum wage. It's like "continue your education for 5+ years or just don't bother going to school at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #64658 
FishyFishy89

Bekah, you can always use more than 1 heater. I use 2 heaters in my 75 during our winters because we don't use the heater and we live all the windows open.

Tiki, post in craigslist. Say you won him at a fair and you want him to go to a good home with a pond. Stress that he is more than likely a comet and comets are not made for aquariums smaller than 150 gallons.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #64659 
Laki

Welp. Thanks for that spot of encouragement Olymp! *crawls into corner*

I refuse to work minimum wage the rest of my life. If I don't get a teaching position I'm sure my tour company would keep me on and possibly train me as a week-long tour guide for the various summer tours :/ grim but a possibility.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #64660 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ah it's so true though. The average income of a student out of university in Canada is $35,000 now for the first five years. I can't see these sorts of things improving really. 30 years ago if you had a BA you were hot stuff, but now? :/
That's why I sorta wish I didn't have to go to university and just be a farmer right away. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese