Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #64661 
Yuuie

hi all done work and what a day i was a half hour late. i thought i was closing tonight turns out i was 11 to 7 whoops. oh well doesn't happen often seems lately i keep it to once a month XD.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #64662 
Sakura8

Tiki, I told you you can send him to me for my pond if you need to.

Bekah, what is the coldest night temp you get and does it snow? A suitably big trough pond (mine is 300gal and I wouldn't recommend less) may work if the temps don't get below freezing. As for filtering . . . easy. You get an external pond filter and a pump. :) Or an all in one.

This would be an excellent all in one for you:
Submersible Pond Filters: Lifegard Aquatics Complete Pond Filter System
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #64663 
djembekah

cool meg, I'll remember that! I dont think it ever gets below 10* F in winter. but that seems super cold. Not sure how to run a power cord out to the ~pond~ either...but i'll remember!!!

the double tail i saw today was really pretty and i wanted him lots buuuut i didn't get him. WAITING
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #64664 
Sakura8

I got lucky. There was an outlet right by the spot where we wanted to put the pond.

You can also talk to Izzy about the coldest temp thing. Everything I know I learned from her. And it depends on what you plan to put in it. If you plan to put koi or common goldies, I really wouldn't go anything less than 300gal. If you plan to just put some minnows or something in it during the summer, 100gal would be fine and then you could easily overwinter the fish in the 29gal.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #64665 
Yuuie

ack well that is frustrating go look in the freezer for my sunday carmal ice cream only to find it's gone. didn't even get any turn out my niece ate it without asking frustrating somedays can't even buy treats without having to hid any and they still go missing T.T
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 AM   #64666 
djembekah

I will harass izzy. i would probably want to winter them outside, i added two cories to the 29 and am hoping for rams soon....

i drank a whole bottle of strawberry mango moscato...I'm a bit spacey....um. i want soup.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #64667 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Packing for university. So. Fricken. Weird.
Had a lovely time yesterday talking about how most college and university students will end up with basically minimum wage pay for most of their lives. I can't get a job with the bachelor's degree that's over minimum wage. It's like "continue your education for 5+ years or just don't bother going to school at all.
My boyfriend has a PHD in PHYSICS and it took him over a year and a half to find a job.

I have a degree in history and work for a historical preservation fort. DO they put me in the museam? NO. They put me in a stupid candy shop at $8/hr.

Quote:
Tiki, I told you you can send him to me for my pond if you need to.
*swats away sakura with spatula*
My Goldfishie...
I have become kinda attached to him...even though i swore I would NEVER EVER own a goldfish. I NEED to move out of here anyways for my own sanity...hoping for a 1st floor/basement apartment so I can have a big ass tank

Hmm..ya now what. The outside water spicket thingy - I cant even access it as my *&^^* *%#$# mother had them build a DECK over it

Ummm...beka...is this a normal sized bottle ya drank??

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-23-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #64668 
djembekah

...yes. delicious. very good.

i downloaded a countdown app to countdown the days until i can get a new betta for my sunken ship tank....also there are 68 days until my birthday...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #64669 
Asira

Hi everyone
What do you guys think is the best place to start a thread about a new 120 gallon tank with gorgeous discus fish, and that I want to start a sorority in it in a few weeks/months?
Thanks.
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #64670 
djembekah

Don't put a sorority with discus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese