Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #64681 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hah, they recently did a report that 25% of my town's population doesn't make enough to support themselves. A whole quarter of people here can't afford to house or feed themselves.
I think Canada needs to focus on it's own poverty before looking at third world countries, honestly...
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #64682 
Laki

I second this. Harper needs the boot first though. He's nothing but trouble. And I hate his creepy face.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #64683 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Hah, they recently did a report that 25% of my town's population doesn't make enough to support themselves. A whole quarter of people here can't afford to house or feed themselves.
I think Canada needs to focus on it's own poverty before looking at third world countries, honestly...
Posted via Mobile Device
Canada, the US, etc...
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #64684 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Asira, discus like warmer water then bettas, and, while it is possible to compromise, one species is going to be in less then ideal conditions... Like, let's say you keep the water at 84 degrees... The bettas are going to live a shorter life because their metabolism is sped up. I've heard of people doing it... I just wouldn't.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #64685 
djembekah

Also Asira, discus are cichlids. they're naturally aggressive. angelfish are similar and i lost one.betta to an.angelfish attack.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #64686 
Asira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Asira, discus like warmer water then bettas, and, while it is possible to compromise, one species is going to be in less then ideal conditions... Like, let's say you keep the water at 84 degrees... The bettas are going to live a shorter life because their metabolism is sped up. I've heard of people doing it... I just wouldn't.
Oh, that rumor... Discus are kept in very warm water conditions to get them growing faster as usual, so they can eat warmblooded animalflesh, as I'm not planning to do that (I want them to grow healthy and natural, not fast) it would be possible to have my sorority live with them. Discus can be kept 27-32 degree celsius (80-89 degree fahrenheit), those are the 'healthy' degrees. And bettas are okay and normal at 80, so in about a few months, I will slowly let the discus fish get used to that (discus are very busy fish, and when I changed their water, they didn't care that the water went to 26 celsius (78-79) by accident... Quickly turned it do 30 (86) but they really didn't seem to care, they were just swimming their 'rounds' and coming towards me).
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #64687 
djembekah

temps that are higher or lower than a fish's preference causes metabolism issues, and i wouldn't risk it. and like i said, cichlids+bettas=bad match
djembekah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #64688 
Asira

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
temps that are higher or lower than a fish's preference causes metabolism issues, and i wouldn't risk it. and like i said, cichlids+bettas=bad match
Okay, it's not like I have to do it, I'm doing all kinds of research on the discus and just wanted to know. Thanks.
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #64689 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Owww my head. Too much thinking.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #64690 
LittleBettaFish

Why must I get up at 6am on a Saturday morning to go with my mum and our two four-legged terrors to the doggy pool that is about a 40 minute drive there and a 40 minute drive back?

I remember when we first got 'my' dog Nike and mum told me I only needed to come a couple of times and she could handle it. Hahaha. This is why I am a cat person. Cats have been fed. Cats are now asleep again.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese