Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #64701 
Inkwell

Guyss. I went into petco today for just a look. And I came out with a betta. :o I have a problem
Inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #64702 
djembekah

i'm having a super hard time not buying the bettas i see. i need to wait though, for my tank to definitely be disease free.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #64703 
Inkwell

I understand how that is.
Inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #64704 
LittleBettaFish

I'm going to the 'big' fish store tomorrow to pick up a 2ft tank and some blackworms and I am telling myself I am not going anywhere near the fish section. They always have these sad looking bettas, and I find myself trying to figure out where a spare tank could go.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #64705 
FishyFishy89

Why do I surf AquaBid when I have no monies? I always find the best deals when I have no monies!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #64706 
Asira

Good morning everyone (probably not morning where you live...)
Since I'm not putting my bettas with my discus (thanks for telling me guys otherwise I would have had a serious problem!) I'm searching for a cheap 50 gallon to start a sorority in
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #64707 
djembekah

Wow 50 gallons!!! you could have like... a jillion girls. I'm jealous. sorry you can't put them with discus, and i hope i didn't sound terribly rude earlier, i just have lost far to many bettas lately and wouldn't want the same to happen to anyone!!! They'll love 50 gallons. do you think you'll put other kinds of fish in the sorority? laid back bottom feeders and schoolers?

I broke a glass in the bathtub. i hope i got it all cleaned out...
yes totally sober
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #64708 
Asira

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Wow 50 gallons!!! you could have like... a jillion girls. I'm jealous. sorry you can't put them with discus, and i hope i didn't sound terribly rude earlier, i just have lost far to many bettas lately and wouldn't want the same to happen to anyone!!! They'll love 50 gallons. do you think you'll put other kinds of fish in the sorority? laid back bottom feeders and schoolers?

I broke a glass in the bathtub. i hope i got it all cleaned out...
yes totally sober
Posted via Mobile Device
I just like giving them a lot of space I'm searching on a second-hand site right now if there's something cheap, already saw one that has filter + heater and is only 80,-/$105..... Sounds pretty good, but I'll be searching for a few days so maybe there will be better deals
I already have a sorority of 7 girls which are all sisters (they live in a 15 gallon now which has terrible algea problems ), and I have 5 'loners', 1 is their mother and 4 girls I bought on a show.
I think every tank at least needs one good algea eater like ancistrus, and I LOVE cory catfish, and maybe a small school of fish.

About the discus fish, one is kinda young and doesn't want to eat... I'm so worried about him/her. Maybe he still has some stress from the moving but he acts normal, swims with his friends, but he's not interested in food . The rest is really healthy and busy and eat like pigs.

Do you guys want pics of the discus?
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #64709 
LittleBettaFish

I think discus can be particularly susceptible to internal parasites or at least discus owners seem to be much more proactive about worming their fish than other hobbyists I have seen.

Refusing food can be a sign of internal parasites even if the fish looks to be in otherwise good health. It may be a good idea to do a treatment just as a precautionary measure.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #64710 
Yuuie

morning all got a nice wake up call from work guess one of girls called in sick and they wanted to put chris back a bit to fill the gap so to speak
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese