Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #64881 
FishyFishy89

oh nos!
is it possible that they can shock themselves?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #64882 
Sakura8

Fishy, I *don't* think so but I know so little about electric catfish that I suppose it's possible, if he came into contact with some of the electric equipment in his tank (filter, heater).

Bekah, no, I had to return the baby because I couldn't afford to outfit his tank so he would be comfortable. My other LFS had a pair of them (in a kritter keeper sunk in a tank with bichir on the outside) but I don't think I'll get another electric cat again, at least not for a long while.

My dad has been wanting me to keep angelfish ever since I got a fish that wasn't a betta so (if) I ever move, I will probably outfit the 55gal for an angelfish community for him.

WHY is it that everything I want to do I can't? Have to sleep sitting up in a chair since the suture site is still bleeding (I'm like a hamster with cotton in my cheek). I want hot tea. Can't drink hot liquids, only cold. I want to suck on a sore throat lozenge. Can't suck on anything, could cause bleeding. I want ramen or miso. Only cool, soft foods like smoothies. I don't like smoothies. >.< I went to drink out of my Camelbak water bottle and my folks were all, "No, don't suck!" Yeah, but this sucks!

Okay, so the weird part about this? Two teeth were taken out. The lower left one is still bleeding and hurts if I aggravate it because it was impacted. The other one? I wouldn't even know anything was removed. Nooo, what really sucks is my throat is sooooo sore. >.< You'd think I had a tonsillectomy instead.

Oops, sorry for the giant whine-fest.

EDIT: Fishy, I sent you an FB request but don't worry if you don't want to accept. I won't be offended. I'll just come and steal your angelfish. ;)

Last edited by Sakura8; 08-31-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #64883 
FishyFishy89

try as you might! you'll be stopped by a snuggle, loveable and playful pug! xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #64884 
Yuuie

hi all done work was a insane busy day today. sorry to hear about sparky sakure and hope your mouth feels better.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #64885 
Silverfang

*hugs* I'm sorry Meg.

Did they have you tubed while they were doing this? I know a breathing tube down your throat will leave you with a sore throat.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #64886 
LittleBettaFish

God, I just thought my favourite fish who has not been 100% lately was dying.

Turns out she was just doing her best imitation of a pretzel in the hunt for some grindals in the substrate.

I forgot you were getting your wisdom teeth pulled Sakura. Was being knocked out as bad as you were expecting?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:26 AM   #64887 
Sakura8

Silverfang, I honestly . . . don't know. If they did have me tubed, I was already out.

LBF, no, thank goodness being knocked out was perfectly painless and right about now, I wouldn't mind being knocked out again. A person could get used to that "snap, falls asleep instantly" thing. I'm not sleeepy!

Fishy, SUPER PUG!!!!!!

Thanks, Yuuie. Hope tomorrow is a slightly less insane day for you.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:30 AM   #64888 
LittleBettaFish

That's what my brothers both said as well. They just mentioned that they could feel a sort of cold sensation going up their arm when the needle went in, and then nothing.

Not that this was any real reassurance for me. Even though I know they don't hurt that much, needles still freak me out.

Any time I go to the doctor and they mention the possibility of a blood test I am out of there.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #64889 
Sakura8

This is a bit grim but in some ways, it was comforting to experience it though. Realizing just how instantly you are knocked out made me feel better about the animals who are euthanized. If nothing else, it truly is a painless, instant way to go for an animal who is suffering. I thought of my cat Kelsey, who is the first pet that I stayed with during the process and I feel better about my decision to end her pain and discomfort. She wasn't going to get better and making her live that way for a month would have been cruel and selfish of me. This way, she went swiftly and peacefully with someone who loved her holding her.

I avoided blood tests for decades. Finally, my doctor sort of threatened to stop filling my prescription for my anti-depressant if I didn't go get my liver checked to make sure the med wasn't harming it. I had to take a sedative first. Now I'm okay with getting my blood drawn because the clinic is very good at it but I still cringe about tetanus shots and the like that hurt or make you sick.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 AM   #64890 
LittleBettaFish

Haha the one time I nearly passed out at the vet was when I was watching blood being drawn from our old cat.

I have watched that cat have an abscess shaved over and all this pus come pouring out and not flinched, but taking blood is just one of those things that makes me queasy.

I can't even think about something like a pap smear. I think I would have to be unconscious for that to take place.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese