betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #64941 
Yuuie

lol hi and yep
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #64942 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

This has been bugging me. I met a girl who seems super pro animal rights and she's vegan and stuff.
She's in my program.
Animal biology.
Well the name is misleading I guess but it's about raising animals for food.
I keep asking myself "does she know?!"
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #64943 
Laki

The very definition of vegan is not exclusively food. Vegan is not using ANYTHING to do with animals; leather, fur, suede, products tested on them, products containing lanolin and other direct animal sources etc. . . Your friend is not vegan. There's too much to it and she wouldn't be in a hands on biology program.
- my cousin was a vegan and she quit university when she found out about the animal lab. o-o

But Oly, it is important to pace yourself. Eat right and sleep right. These two things are of sole importance to a good routine which will get you the grades and outcome you wish for in university. Waking up at 7 am and working straight through till midnight will only 1. kill you 2. make you hate university 3. get undesired results. I know you're a good student and that you have the potential to come out on top of your class but you really need to lay out some personal goals in terms of when to eat, what to eat, what hour to cut off homework/studying and a time in which you can do some leisure activity/sleep.

Trust me, I did a research/writing degree and in 4 years I learned all the bad ways to get through. I still procrastinate but I know how important diet and rest are to a learning mind.

Also, Missed my opportunity this morning to do Orientation at my uni for all the first years. I realllllllly wanted to do it but for weeks I couldn't get a hold of the coordinators to confirm my spot. Now I'm sad.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #64944 
Sakura8

Hmm. At University of California, Davis, the big agriculture school here, the science of raising animals for food is called animal husbandry.

EDIT: And listen to Laki.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #64945 
Yuuie

afternoon all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #64946 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bleh, what a boring day!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #64947 
djembekah

I'm sleepy and thirsty. guess i could go buy a drink.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #64948 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well yea, that's what I don't get... She said she wants to be a vet but to do that you are gonna do a lot of nasty stuff beforehand... There's no avoiding it.

I've been in my room since 5pm and am staying here for the rest of the night.. No interesting events today and the only bus is at 10:30pm which is a long time to be stuck doing nothing. Watched a movie with a friend and now am gonna work on my tank and watch Netflix and go to bed early.
It's just O-week and there's so much to be doing. -_-
Decided I'm gonna join the future vets club, wildlife club, marine and freshwater biology club, and volunteer on the organic farm. @_@ I really hope nothing else catches my interest here because that's already so much.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #64949 
Torla

I'm beating my head against this desk trying to understand the first exercise. It's only week one of the course. I may be doomed.
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #64950 
Laki

I'm so glad you're ready to get involved Olymp! The first week is hectic, yes, I always suggest people join clubs/societies that they're interested in. The lonliest thing people get into at university is getting out of a social life (at least in my experience) and it's helpful to do on-campus things with school friends.

I go to my Education faculty orientation tomorrow morning!! (eep!)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese