Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #65231 
LittleBettaFish

One of our dogs is really clean when she is on heat. The other makes the kitchen sometimes look like someone has cut themselves.

Honestly, if we did not show our dogs (and my mum wasn't going to breed one) both of ours would be spayed. I hate dealing with the hormonal changes, the bleeding, and and the being confined to the house so we don't get harassed by dogs while out walking.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #65232 
Tikibirds

I dont know why she never got her fixed. I had to get my dog snipped because only one of his er..family jewels never made an appearence and th eone still inside supposedly increased his risk of cancer. His parents are AKC/UKC registered but I lost his applications. He would never qualify as a show dog anyways...ball of need that he is

and this one, I want to punch. he is another one that is ALWAYS on MY bed

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #65233 
LittleBettaFish

Tell your mum the chance of an unspayed female getting pyometra (uterine infection) gets higher the older she gets and the more heats she has. If she isn't breeding her there really isn't a need to leave her intact.

Pyometra really scares the hell out of me and it's why once our youngest finishes showing I want my mum to spay her.

Haha I have three cats on my bed right now. How can you not love a cat on your bed? I would be so lonely if mine slept somewhere else.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #65234 
FishyFishy89

Some people do their research and choose to not fix their animals because hormones is an essential part to fully mature, developed and healthy pet. I've had the pleasure of seeing the difference between an altered and unaltered dog, twice. Both altered dogs had a severe lack of mental maturity which resulted in atleast a few behavioral issues. They also suffered greatly from the surgery. My pug woke in the middle of the night crying and was depressed for a week straight. She also lacks mental maturity. And my childhood dog was very lethargic after the surgery and later on developed severe hip hysplasia(which vets have now started to link "fixing" to)

My next dog won't be altered until atleast 5 years. If we're living in our 1st home(will be out in the country), it won't be altered AT ALL.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #65235 
Tikibirds

I think he was about 3 when he was snipped.

Quote:
How can you not love a cat on your bed?
I already have 2 dogs on my bed, I don't need the spawn of satan as well. Although he is peaceful when he is asleep. He belongs to my sister, why he insists on sleeping on MY body pillow I do not know. Normally he is whereever the beagle is. He seems to think she is his mother. When he was a kitten he used to try and get milk from her.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-16-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #65236 
LittleBettaFish

With females (at least older females) I am pretty sure the consensus is that the threat of pyometra makes it better to fix her. The risk becomes quite high in certain breeds from what I have read.

All of pets before this have been fixed and none have been fat, mentally deficient or suffered from any problems such as incontinence.

Our youngest female was born with hip dysplasia even out of tested parents and I have never heard of a link between dysplasia and spaying. Dysplasia simply means the hip ball doesn't fit into the socket due to abnormalities in the socket. Did the vets explain how surgery caused it?

Honestly for the majority of pet owners, I think the benefits of spaying outweighs the possible risks. It seems the longer Joe Public has an unspayed animal, the more chance that animal has of being bred.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #65237 
Tikibirds

Here is a video I made of them about a year ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhOsQXR7C5E

My dogs, minus bubbles, came from the shelter so they were always fixed before I could take them home. My sister found maggie at a garage sale and Bubbes came from breeder when I lived in Alaska.
Rosie was fixed and microchipped by the shelter.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-16-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #65238 
LittleBettaFish

The cat in that video could almost be our black and white cat Whistler. He absolutely loves dogs. Is that the same cat as the one in your picture? Our Whistler is also a spawn of Satan type cat.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #65239 
grammymary

LOL ... I like the diaper idea. Just cut a hole for the tail and your all set. Problem solved! ))
grammymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #65240 
FishyFishy89

not sure how well a diaper will stay on a cat. I had issues just keeping it on my dog at night :P
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese