Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #65731 
djembekah

I am thinking about glass catfish for my 55. not the only fish of course, but i think they're interesting. has anyone had them in here? Probably not but i thought i would ask!

My thread has some ideas, but i think i will be pondering the stock until it is full lol
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #65732 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #65733 
PetMania

Good morning. Yay! I can keep posting on this forum.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #65734 
FishyFishy89

Bekah, I went through quite a few different ideas when it came to my tanks stock xD
I went from cichlids, to goldies, to catfish to sunfish to angels.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #65735 
djembekah

Lol! I just know I need to keep the fish i have, make whatever i get fit in with them
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #65736 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's good PetMania. My parents are like that too. That's why I booked it outta town instead of staying at the home town uni. xD

I'm soo oo oo sick today. ~_~ How am I supposed to study for my midterms?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #65737 
PetMania

Hope you feel better Olympia :)
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #65738 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you can stay with us, PetMania.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #65739 
PetMania

Thanks! And hopefully I can keep my fish, too. I was going to get a 5 gallon tank so I can adopt Jarvis, but lilnaugrim hasn't been on in awhile and I don't know if my parents will be okay with it.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #65740 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
LBF, I can understand that shelter. There are many more other shelters out there that your cat can go to. That is a KITTEN! He has many many more years ahead of him and he doesn't deserve to live them suffering or to die young because of some idiot. Your cat seems to be doing okay in your home. Yeah he may have a few issues, but they're easier to handle in your home than expecting a shelter to handle them when they have no room.

Many times no kill shelters turn down animals because they don't have the space. Not purely because they don't have the money. Who knows, maybe they're treating the kitten and then sending him to another shelter. Bare in mind as well, kittens can be paired/grouped with other kittens to be socialized. While adults are more picky. They're gonna be choosy about whom they room with or wither they room with anyone at all. So while 10 or more kittens can be kept in 1 room, that same room may only hold 5-8 adults depending on the personality of each adult.

It is MUCH easier to rescue/hold baby animals than it is to rescue/hold adult animals. Babies get alone easier with each other than adults do.
I get what you're saying here... But with this mentality, it's not worth saving young adult- adult- senior animals. This doesn't fly well with me. The problem we need to nip in the butt is on education (one of my strong points, I will enforce this in my classroom of the future) The cat I rescued is a young adult. She is perfectly eligible for assistance, it's just that the no-kill shelter actually operates out of foster homes completely. They don't have a kennel. I was told on the phone that they won't even sponser her for the vet bill- which backs me into a corner bc I don't have the money. Fortunately, her only "problem" at the moment is that she's going into a heat (which is good bc it means she's not pregnant, and it also confirms she's a She)

My problem is that the no-kill org turned me down but picked up a kitten to save. They're completely reliant on sympathy cases like this bc the money basically walks through their doors. I understand the kitten being a maleable thing which we can make social and whatever else but to turn away a healthy adult (which means less expense on their part) is favoritism and thus, hypocritical of their organization goals. I always found that with this group, they're run by a bunch of elitist thinking middle class fools with good hearts- a total oxymoron. I should have known that since I'm "nobody" to them, they don't owe me any favors.

On a second note, someone about 40 minutes walk from here thinks the cat looks familiar from her area. I'm hoping she has an owner. She's really grown on me.

Fix the Fern Back is getting blue on his face now. He has butterfly tail pattern but that might fill i later. I'll post in his development thread later tonight.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese