Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #66031 
Laki

It was awkward, poor Oliver. He must have been neutered as a kitten and never had the 'chance'. As a result of this, his owner let him outside and I bet he just chased bugs all day.

I hate pet forums/issues where people don't have wiggle room. Obviously, it's easy to say "go to the vet" to someone over the internet while you're comfy and stress-free miles away and probably have a half loaded wallet. I remember being in a similar situation when Acacia developed abscesses every few months in the same spot. So, Summer 2012 (wow, has it been this long already?!) I sold off all my Dylan cd's, art, my Super Nintendo with games.. Anything of interest so I could get a few dollars to put towards her vet. This was lucky for me bc I know how to handle rabbit abscesses as they come but I knew she needed antibiotics. In emergency situations things get out of hand, irrational and on top of that you have to listen to the pet suffer, see him suffer and then the faceless internet is pestering you to see emergency vets. The thing I know about vets, at least around here, not all are equipped with the know-how for small animals (rats, rabbits, ferrets) so I can understand wanting to wait for the regular vet.

Had to separate the cats. They were play fighting too rough. Now they want to see each other again and are mewing nicely. "mom, we'll behave" "yea! we promise!"

I don't buy it.

What supplement can I give them to reduce furballs? Never had that problem with Oliver.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #66032 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #66033 
FishyFishy89

Laki, brush him. Or keep his fur trimmed.
I quite honestly hate it when people give their cats supplements to reduce hair balls. There is nothing lacking that creates hair balls. Hair balls are caused by ingesting too much fur. Brushing/or trimming the fur reduces hair balls.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #66034 
Sakura8

Catlax. Literally.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Lax/dp/B000O5DMQK]Amazon.com: Cat Lax: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Prescription free!

I mean, it doesn't prevent furballs but it helps keep them from clogging up the system.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #66035 
PetMania

I would recommend brushing him more often. This can help reduce furballs.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #66036 
dramaqueen
Banned

My cat never had much issue with furballs but she was a shorthaired cat, half Siamese and half alleycat. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #66037 
PetMania

Love your new avatar Dramaqueen!
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #66038 
FishyFishy89

My cat is a medium hair. If i so much as miss a day of brushing, I'm gonna step in a hairball in the morning. She loves getting brushed too, so I'm sure she's dropping one just outside my bed on purpose.

I missed a day one time(i have missed a day a few times) and she just wouldn't stop hacking! I kept brushing, but she kept hacking. So I gave her a bath to get rid of some loose hair. Nope, still hacking hairballs. So I shaved her arse! Hack hair balls now short hair puddy tat!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #66039 
LittleBettaFish

Our old cat has a terrible coat even though he gets combed regularly and fed a good quality food. He will go ages without cleaning himself and then go on a licking frenzy and next thing I know there is a hairball on the carpet.

I thought about giving him a bath, but he is old and has been unwell on and off these past few months so he would most likely either claw my face off or keel over.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #66040 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Love your new avatar Dramaqueen!
Thank you!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese