Well I am awake because stupid Rama sprayed on the pillow that was sitting on my chair. That cat is going to start getting put in a crate at night!
To continue with the Bandit saga, the vet still can't determine whether it is cancer or not. The stuff she managed to draw out didn't show that it was cancer, and so mum and me have decided that Bandit can go to surgery for a proper look.
If it is something like a blockage, or a cancer that hasn't spread everywhere through his system, she will remove it and we will see how Bandit goes from there.
However, if it is cancer that has spread or one that is aggressive and there is no hope of survival, she will let him go on the operating table so he doesn't have to wake up in pain and confusion before being euthanised.
The vet understood if we just wanted to put Bandit down now, but me and mum talked it over and we would hate to get him euthanised without the vet being 100% certain that it is cancer. It would be awful if we got a necropsy done and it turns out he just swallowed something.
We are saying our goodbyes to him this morning before he goes into surgery. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster at the moment. One minute I am certain Bandit is going to die, and then the next minute there's the very slim chance he could come out of this okay.