Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #66641 
LittleBettaFish

Wow saw the piece of corn Bandit managed to swallow yesterday when he went to the vet for his check-up and to start his tablets for chemotherapy.

It was so big I don't know how he managed to even swallow it in the first place. No wonder it was not going anywhere!
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #66642 
Yuuie

hi all done work was a busy night. ended up getting asked to go in tomorrow so going to pitch in for dinner once i'm done at broadway. and managed to get joey pokemon X for his birthday so yay. and from what i heard that storm is pretty fierce. lets hope everyone makes it out ok.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #66643 
FishyFishy89

I should probly go to bed cause I am getting up early tomorrow
maybe after my midnight snack and an hour. BTW it's almost 3am my time. lolololol
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #66644 
Laki

LBF, so Bandit has a blockage too now?? What is it with cats and corn? Oliver loves corn too.

Oh yay Yuuie! I hear it's an excellent game.

10 hour shift today. Nobody even told me I'm to stay open for an extra hour. So I guess legally I CAN leave at 6...
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #66645 
LittleBettaFish

The corn was what the vet thought was a tumor when she felt it. That was when we thought he was going to be put to sleep. However, when she did the exploratory surgery, she found it was a chunk of corn cob.

However, he also had thickening in his intestines and this came back as low grade lymphoma. He now has started chemotherapy tablets and we will see how he responds to those.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #66646 
djembekah

:( Scary
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #66647 
Yuuie

hi all done one job today then off to the other. ended up sleeping in dismorning so was late ack.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #66648 
Sakura8

LBF, what is the chemo that Bandit is on? My boy is on Palladia, which is actually not licensed for use with cats but has had enough off-label use to prove it's effective.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #66649 
LittleBettaFish

I don't actually know. It's a tablet he has to take every few days and then he gets a steroid tablet daily as well. This is on top of his thyroid tablet.

Along with the prozac for our other two cats, I feel like I am running a drug laboratory out of my wardrobe!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #66650 
Sakura8

Wow. Bandit sounds like my Mo! Mo takes the Palladia ever other day except on Sat and Sun. He gets his thyroid pill and an anti-nausea pill every day. He was supposed to also take prednisone but he hated it to such a point that he clawed the tar out of me.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese