Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #66661 
FishyFishy89

Oh and if you read the comments below:
"Pentobarbitol is the drug used to euthanize animals that was found to contaminate some dog foods. The FDA tested several foods from grocery stores. The ingredients found to cause the contamination were animal fat, animal digest, beef and bone meal and meat and bone meal per the FDA."
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #66662 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well horses are cheap..
When dogs move here next year they'll probably just get stuff from the place that I get my meat. Because buying it at the grocery store is just nasty haha.
My vegan friend got mad at me cause I told her I wanna start the rabbit farm in 2 years. And then she just got confused because she doesn't know what to feed her cat and dog and knows that animals are gonna have to die. At one point she was talking about raising animals letting them die of old age then feeding them to her pets. O_O Quite the amusing chat I must say hehe.
She also has a rabbit and a GP living in the same cage and the rabbit is male and not neutered and the GP is female and I just think she is anthropomorphizing them a little too much because she thinks it's okay that way. >_< I told her but nope they are bonded together and I just know that GP is gonna get hurt one day.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #66663 
Silverfang

And we just got word... we take possession on the 28th.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #66664 
Sakura8

Yay, Silver!!!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #66665 
PetMania

That's awesome!
PetMania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #66666 
Silverfang

Two apartment house. I'll be in the downstairs apartment.. it's all above ground. Really. A step up into the door, and two steps down inside. Bright, very spacious. Needs the stucco demolished, it's horrid. And the bath will be redone probably. Everything else is we'll say... cosmetic. Enlarge this room. Paint, tear up icky carpet.

And I think 4 windows need replacing. For a 45 year old house it's in good shape.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #66667 
Yuuie

that sound good glad to hear you got a place
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #66668 
djembekah

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...psb480cffa.jpg

super deal at a tattoo/piercing shop friday. piercings are 1/3 the price! I want one or two on this ear to sorta balance my left ear.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #66669 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #66670 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I've heard that claim about using dead pets, but I think it is probably bogus. However, I agree that a lot of cat/dog foods are very low quality and full of by-products and fillers.

My dad used to feed his cat the worst home-brand dry food, and that cat died at about six years old from kidney cancer. I still don't think that is coincidence.

Our old cat Bandit used to be on Whiskas for years before we knew any better. Our other three cats are all on Wellness or Eaglepack Holistic, but also get raw meat and chicken necks a few times a week.

I also hate that vets push Eukanuba/Hills Science products. This leads people to think they are premium foods, when really they are not.
It's true. There are enough studies to confirm that "meat meal" is possibly a cheap alternative for companies who like to buy euthanized pets from vets/shelters and render them for food. For cats and possibly dogs, things like
"chicken by-products" are okay. People tend to try to avoid that which is fine but by products are just ingredients like feet and feathers which people don't consider food but is actually fine for cats and dogs in small quantites because it resembles what they would typically eat in a raw diet. Obviously it's ran through their machines and processed making it less digestable but that's a big one people don't always understand. As for "meal" that's where you get the suspicious things like the euthanasia drug and rendered dog/cat meat.

I had my hackles up when I was at the vet last week and the vet recommended a bland diet off their shelves for Oliver. But before I could challenge her and decline she added, of wet food. SO I checked the ingredients and they were fine. 2$ a tin though, the size of fancy feast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Well horses are cheap..
When dogs move here next year they'll probably just get stuff from the place that I get my meat. Because buying it at the grocery store is just nasty haha.
My vegan friend got mad at me cause I told her I wanna start the rabbit farm in 2 years. And then she just got confused because she doesn't know what to feed her cat and dog and knows that animals are gonna have to die. At one point she was talking about raising animals letting them die of old age then feeding them to her pets. O_O Quite the amusing chat I must say hehe.
She also has a rabbit and a GP living in the same cage and the rabbit is male and not neutered and the GP is female and I just think she is anthropomorphizing them a little too much because she thinks it's okay that way. >_< I told her but nope they are bonded together and I just know that GP is gonna get hurt one day.
Oly, when do you think you can get a horse? I'm jealous, horses are amazing. When we were kids we used to go around the bay and people kept farm animals there. Always cows, which were amazing and friendly and would lick us, sheep which were scared of us but curious, horses. And our favorite was Lucky, the Newfoundland pony. He was the best. I'd love to have a farm but I don't know how it would work since I'm half crippled and Matt's allergic lol. Oliver would be a good mouser at least. Your "vegan" friend sounds annoying. I'm sorry. Also, rabbits and GP's have way different dietary needs since gp are rodents and rabbits are not. Too many people think rabbits are rodents. If she's feeding them the same food it's a matter of which one dies first.

My sea glass betta necklace is going to be here the week!

Congrats Silver! Where abouts in town is the new place?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese