Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #66711 
LittleBettaFish

Sometimes I think not divorcing and existing in that state of limbo is worse.

We have a couple of friends where the parents absolutely hate each other but never got divorced and still share a house. It is such a toxic environment, and I think that forcing your kids to live through it, is so much worse than separating.

I never understood why these couples still live together. It's like one partner is just basically waiting for the other to die as neither one is willing to initiate a divorce.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #66712 
Laki

I don't understand being allowing yourself to be so miserable in those affairs.. I'm glad my parents separated (still legally married, mom still wears her ring for some pretend religious reasons)... Sometimes I chuckle thinking about my "father" off in the world without love. There's way worse things than divorce, and mental health is up there with number 1.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #66713 
PetMania

Well, I'm glad to say that my parents aren't divorcing, but I do have to admit that they have problems that need to be solved (need to think about what's best for my sister) before their own needs.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #66714 
Chachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Sometimes I think not divorcing and existing in that state of limbo is worse.

We have a couple of friends where the parents absolutely hate each other but never got divorced and still share a house. It is such a toxic environment, and I think that forcing your kids to live through it, is so much worse than separating.

I never understood why these couples still live together. It's like one partner is just basically waiting for the other to die as neither one is willing to initiate a divorce.
I agree completely! My parents were in a miserable marriage and it was horrible for my brother and I. I remember them asking what we wanted for Christmas one year and we said "a divorce!" They finally ended up splitting when I was 20 and it was soooo much worse than it would have been if they had done it years before.
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #66715 
PetMania

I'm sorry to hear that, Chachi.

It's sad now, especially at school, because when students from split families gain influence from one parent, they are really mean about it. I know a person who wants her to.........well........kick the bucket because her mother always talk smack about him. When I met her mom, she was definetly not in the running for Miss Kindness.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #66716 
Laki

Adolescence can make kids mean. Developmentally, things are topsy turvy anyway but throw family problems in there and things hit the fan. In hindsight, I can see why we did a lot of what we did as teenagers. NEVER want to go back to being a teenager! aah, the hormones. For some demented reason though I should be teaching them in a year. ...
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #66717 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Adolescence can make kids mean. Developmentally, things are topsy turvy anyway but throw family problems in there and things hit the fan. In hindsight, I can see why we did a lot of what we did as teenagers. NEVER want to go back to being a teenager! aah, the hormones. For some demented reason though I should be teaching them in a year. ...
Hehe, lol. My mom told me that I am more mature for my age, and I can see how naiive kids are these days. I could never do the "cliche" of staying way past curfew, getting a piercing that gets you grounded, or doing things that you'll regret in the future.

I couldn't never teach kids because of how much I know them. I would be on different sides of the table because I never did what they do.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #66718 
dramaqueen
Banned

What I don't agree with is parents telling their kids 'your dad did this ' or 'your mom did that.' That is so unfair to the kids who don't want or need to hear that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #66719 
twolovers101

Is anyone else really excited about the holidays? Not just Thanksgiving (USA), I mean the whole Christmas season. Normally I don't really care, and Christmas/holiday music usually drives me up the wall, but this year? This year I'm SO EXCITED. I don't know if it's the new kitty, being a newly wed, graduating in December, having my own place or what, but it's all I can do to not decorate the apartment before Thanksgiving (my husband would never forgive me). *Just two more weeks, two more weeks....*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #66720 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I like Christmas and always get excited about it. As commercialized as it has become I get two weeks off and get to eat a lot of great food hahaha. Most importantly I get to see all my family. I love New Years too... I always feel so motivated for about two weeks lol.

Christmas stuff in September and October though... Not so much.

Last edited by MattsBettas; 11-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese