Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #67111 
Sakura8

Totally not dismissing the seriousness of Type 2 diabetes but Type 1 (also known as juvenile diabetes) is potentially more damaging to the body because you have it for LIFE. My mom has had her diabetes for about 40 years now, maybe more because I can't remember the exact age she was when she was diagnosed but she's 66 now. Type 2 diabetes can be reversed or very effectively controlled with weight loss, diet, and exercise and of course, medication. While I think anyone can get Type 2 diabetes, you drastically reduce your chances if you are not overweight and you exercise and eat a proper diet.

Famous people who have Type 1 diabetes or juvenile diabetes include Mary Tyler Moore, Nick Jonas, and Bret Michaels.

There's also a type of diabetes that happens during pregnancy but goes away.

Either type you have is a serious health risk though. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #67112 
djembekah

I need moisturizer for oily skin

eta: my mom had gestational diabetes with Lucy. it was scary a couple times. luckily it went away, but i believe sometimes it sticks to certain people
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #67113 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #67114 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
I need moisturizer for oily skin

eta: my mom had gestational diabetes with Lucy. it was scary a couple times. luckily it went away, but i believe sometimes it sticks to certain people
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep, my cousin has that. How does it affect them? Yeah, I don't know because I don't talk to my cousin more than once a year.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #67115 
dramaqueen
Banned

Type 2 is serious, too. My mom has to take 4 shots a day. She has to be careful with her feet because she has neuropathy. She's also on a bloodthinner and has to be careful about cutting her toenails. We had to call 911 about a month ago because her toe wouldn't stop bleeding.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #67116 
PetMania

My dad has to take 1 shot and some insulin pills, blood pressure medication, blood sugar medication, check his blood sugar 3x a day, check his blood pressure 2x a day, and asprin.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #67117 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom is supposed to check her sugar 3 times a day but she doesn't. She takes 3 blood pressure medications and we check her blood pressure once in awhile. She has a c pap (sleep apnea) machine which she won't use. She takes a blood thinner for her atrial fibrillation, 2 kinds of insulting and a cholesterol medication. Oh and a diuretic and pain medication. And she takes an aspirin too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #67118 
djembekah

Its kinda like type two i think, but it is dangerous to both mother and baby. Lucy was born with slightly low blood sugar but after she nursed she was okay. and for mom it went away.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #67119 
PetMania

I agree that all forms of diabetes are dangerous. With Type 2, my dad would have died in a year if he hadn't had his stroke and gone to the hospital. Really scared me and my sister. We couldn't live without our father. Still very scary as one mishap and it can go down hill...
Old 11-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #67120 
PetMania

Hey guys, I need to raise money for my rescue so how should I raise the money?:
a)sell polymer clay betta charms, miniatures, etc.
b)sell aquatic plant clippings
c)make betta plushies
d)other______

Thanks!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese