Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 AM   #68041 
Sakura8

I'd heard rat and hamster forums can get crazy.

Laki, ah, that's right! I forgot she was in Montreal, not Halifax. I remember the last time you went to see her and your mom forgot to take care of the fish or something like that. I'm glad your sisters are close by again.

Sad. Was reading articles about a girl at Boston Children's Hospital who was diagnosed by doctors at Tufts Medical University with a mitochondrial disease a few years ago. She was otherwise a happy, normal child and her condition was controlled by meds and a few surgeries. Got the flu, went into Boston Children's and the doctors there decided that the mitochondrial disease was fake, that she had a pyschological disorder and that her parents were being abusive because they were denying her "proper psychiatric care" and "overmedicating." So they got a judge to give them custody of the girl and she's been locked in a psych ward at the hospital for 10 months now with extremely limited contact with her parents. :( I mean, it's not like Tufts Medical is a slouch in the medical field. I'd think if they diagnosed the disorder, they knew what they were doing. If the poor girl didn't need psychiatric help before she sure as heck does now.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #68042 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #68043 
bettasareawesome

Morning, I woke up to find that the company I bought something from on amazon ignored 2 cancellation requests and an email and still sent my item, they never even replied. Now I have to figure out how to return it.

Last edited by bettasareawesome; 12-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #68044 
Laki

Meg, that's horrible!! What a sad story. There must be some justice in the works for the girl! I mean, I know some parents can get over protective and hypochondriac over their kids but I doubt this is the case in this incident. wow. Medical care should be something we all trust.

Yes, my family cannot be trusted with my tanks anymore so this year I told them to leave the tanks alone. My younger sister actually fed Fern-Back once but that was it.

Power's hooked up and we're getting the keys tomorrow morning! Here I am not packing.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #68045 
Yuuie

hi all done work for the day and a actual day off tomorrow woot
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #68046 
bettasareawesome

Yeah! The company emailed back, now we're getting somewhere.

@Sakura, that just seems wrong, are the parents trying to get her back or is there nothing they can do?
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #68047 
djembekah

Shinyyyyyyyyyy
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #68048 
FishyFishy89

Pascal developed a swim bladder issue. I had only 1 day of treatment for him and he passed away. I guess it progressed so fast on him :(

I wasn't gonna get another betta, but I was doing some thinking back on my dream of Pascal. He was dying of a swim bladder issue in the cup. So maybe it was a sign that it wasn't meant to happen and that there was another betta out there that needed me?

So, I brought Pascal back and found a large depressed veil tail. He was pretty dark in color, but now he's starting to gain some purple coloring.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #68049 
Sakura8

Bettas and Laki, in regards to the girl at Boston Children's, the parents have been fighting to regain custody for the last 10 months but without success so far. They have another court hearing coming up in January. Her family is allowed only one hour and two 20 minute phone calls a week and if the case isn't settled, it's possible she could remain in the hospital until she's 18 and can legally decide what she wants to do. It's really sad. She's originally an ice skater from Connecticut and there she is stuck in Boston.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #68050 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Bettas and Laki, in regards to the girl at Boston Children's, the parents have been fighting to regain custody for the last 10 months but without success so far. They have another court hearing coming up in January. Her family is allowed only one hour and two 20 minute phone calls a week and if the case isn't settled, it's possible she could remain in the hospital until she's 18 and can legally decide what she wants to do. It's really sad. She's originally an ice skater from Connecticut and there she is stuck in Boston.
That's so horrible!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese