Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #68181 
JustinieBeanie

LBF, if you don't mind me asking where in Oz are you located?
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #68182 
LittleBettaFish

I live down in Melbourne.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #68183 
JustinieBeanie

Ah ok. Didn't get a chance to go there when I visited Australia, but I hear it's nice! Melbourne hasn't been affected by any fires has it? When I was talking to my aunt and uncle who live in NSW, they were saying my cousins were traveling to Victoria this weekend and my Uncle was saying there'd been some fires, and severe or extreme fire warnings in a few places in Victoria plus in other states as well.

Last edited by JustinieBeanie; 01-07-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #68184 
FishyFishy89

gah! new fishys will be put on hold to adopt a lonely, sad, tiny guinea pig!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #68185 
LittleBettaFish

JustineBeanie, we had Black Saturday which was a horrific series of bushfires that killed hundreds of people a few years ago. But since then not really anything too bad that immediately springs to mind.

At the time I was on my grandparents property just down the road from where a number of people died.

That was a week of 45 degree plus days so it was quite extreme weather. Where I am in Melbourne it usually doesn't get quite that hot over the summer.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #68186 
Sakura8

Fishy, you are going to adopt Sugar? For real? I'm so happy for you and for Hope Ranch!

Just found out that one of my role models in history, William Wilberforce, was also a co-founder of the Royal Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, waaaaay back in 1824. He is also noted for taking on the cause of abolition in Parliament in England, a cause that he fought for literally up until his death despite battling chronic colitis.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #68187 
JustinieBeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
JustineBeanie, we had Black Saturday which was a horrific series of bushfires that killed hundreds of people a few years ago. But since then not really anything too bad that immediately springs to mind.

At the time I was on my grandparents property just down the road from where a number of people died.

That was a week of 45 degree plus days so it was quite extreme weather. Where I am in Melbourne it usually doesn't get quite that hot over the summer.
Wow scary! I'm so sorry to hear about those people, hopefully it never happens again. Man 45 is so hot, we thought it was bad in Yulara when it was like a bit over 36 lol! I've heard Melbourne can be quite rainy, is that true?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #68188 
Sakura8

45. Sounds like summer here in central CA. I remember the fires near Sydney. Have a friend living there, was worried.

LBF, did you hear about Black Caviar's brother? Sad to hear they finally lost him. Although, from what I've read, there were some serious concerns about his fitness to run even before he was bitten by the spider. :( Poor lad. But I hear her little sister is doing well on the tracks.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #68189 
LittleBettaFish

It's not as rainy as it used to be. We had very tight water restrictions up until the past year or two because we were in about a decade or so long drought.

Yeah I heard about his death. I heard there were some concerns over ownership or something like that and I believe there were some questions asked about insurance money.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #68190 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese