betta fish

Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #68731 
tiffanylucky

your welcome.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #68732 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks, guys. I was on an antidepressant for about 2 years because of horrible anxiety. I would shake all over even when I was feeling halfway decent. It happened after my mom's back surgery 4 years ago. Everyone thought I was just trying to get out of my 'adult responsibility '. That hurt.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #68733 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea I have a history of suicide in my family too (as well as alcoholism).
I had depression for I'd say about 5 years (8th grade till about halfway through the last year of high school). It was also seasonal depression which is what other people in my family have as well. After that my depression manifested itself into a permanent anxiety. Basically a permanent feeling that something bad was going to happen at any given time all the time. Dramatic body trembles at bad times included into the deal.
I take herbal sedatives now and they help me well enough, it really isn't severe enough to warrant more. I do have bad days but hey who doesn't..
I do think from it all stemmed my habit of checking dates and times on everything at least a dozen times, and every time I have to meet someone or hand something in I do start thinking I've messed up the time somehow, though it rarely does happen. No harm.

I am really apathetic about people's opinions about me however (ooo a teenage girl without self esteem problems, how rare). Every time I tell someone that however, people act like there's something wrong with me, that I'm "shutting myself in" from the outside world. Uh no, I just honestly don't care if you don't believe in my sexuality or what I say is the state of my mental health. I'm not in denial. I'm not boxing in my feelings about the outside world. "Feeling nothing is a sign of depression as well." NO. I stated the truth and beyond that I don't care if you believe me or not. >_>
Maybe not caring sounds bad.
Your opinion does not sway mine.

Wow talk about going off on a tangent.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #68734 
FishyFishy89

Anyone need some lols?
The 39 funniest animal photobombs of all time, the #9 killed me…LOL! | Just something (creative)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:13 AM   #68735 
dramaqueen
Banned

Alcoholism runs in my family, too. It probably has a lot to do with the issues I have as well as my disability.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #68736 
djembekah

Pokes 55 gallon link
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #68737 
dramaqueen
Banned

What are you thanking me for? lol
Old 02-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #68738 
djembekah

Woops! Im not sure! Silly touch screen.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #68739 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I've been so much happier since I realized that I don't have to care what people think about me or who I am or anything else. Seriously. Think and say what you want to or about me, see what I care. Sounds blunt but I'm a big fan of the "get/push negative influences out of your life" idea, when applicable of course.

Oli, well written. I can definitely relate to your second paragraph, in fact, I'm fairly sure I just basically rephrased it haha.

6 & 22 omg.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:08 AM   #68740 
LittleBettaFish

I like how well a cat will pose when it is not the subject of a photo, but as soon as you want to take a photo of them they all suddenly vanish.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese