Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #68741 
djembekah

The other day when I was leaving for work, Sadie was rolling around the porch being adorable, then when I finally had my phone camera up, she wandered over to headbutt my leg and meow. I feel your pain LBF!
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #68742 
Chipl

My mom's cat ran out of the apartment and he was unhappy when I brought him back.
Chipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #68743 
thekinetic

I understand all of it PetMania! I get depressed but like LittleBettaFish mine is tied to my high anxiety. And how annoying people can be trying to make you feel better. As far as helping, well everyone is different so it's really hard to say how. I personally take moment to sit alone and cry my eyes out when I'm depressed, and when I'm anxious I sit quietly and meditate or keep myself so busy I can't think of anything but work.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is embrace it, use it to focus or otherwise to your advantage. Either way you must not let yourself succumb to despair, believe me no good can come from it.

*big hugs* ^_^

Edit: Ok I didn't realize the topic posts got so far ahead. Dang internet explorer! >.<
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #68744 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yaaay I might get like a 75 gallon tank if I can make room for it this summer!

Sadly I think my parents would cry if I got more goldfish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #68745 
thekinetic

Yays olympia! :D
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #68746 
Yuuie

morning all *stumbles around looking for more coffee*
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #68747 
dramaqueen
Banned

Gotta call my bank and stupid Verizon so I can pay my bill. I'm sorry but I cannot run to the Verizon store every month to pay cash on my bill. No transportation.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #68748 
Laki

Firstly, kinetic- why are you using IE?!?

Secondly, PM- I wouldn't say rabbits are the ideal therapy pet. Actually, let me be specific. not all rabbits would qualify. Rabbits have not been domesticated like dogs and cats and thus, they prefer the company of other rabbits. That said, you can certainly bond with a rabbit and it will know you and come to you. Rabbits who bond spend 99% of their time together, so a single rabbit simply cannot fully bond with their human companion- let alone share appropriate bunny body language! Most rabbits abhor being picked up and cuddled- it freaks them out because they are prey animals and their mode of escape is to run. I know you probably think they're adorable and fun and squishy; there are "trained" therapy bunnies but the connection humans seek in animal companions are simply not found in bunnies.

Do I love my bunny? Absolutely! But in our 7 years together I have learned a great deal about bunnies and their life stages. If you DO want to research and adopt a rabbit for therapy, please rescue one who is spayed/neutered and is over the age of 5. Trust me. Baby bunnies are cute but once their hormones kick in they really change! Females will largely fight and box if they're upset, males will spray their pee, both sexes can bite and both are territorial (these are qualities in a lot of unfixed rabbits). Most rescue shelters will spay all rabbits before adoption. In terms of life stages, my bunny had a rough start before I got her (she was 3 months old) and as a result of her early life experience she preferred to be solitary and tempermental much of her adult life (even after being spayed at 6 mths old!) I couldn't lift her up for about a year without fully chasing her into a corner or covering her with a blanket and that further damaged her trust, but I couldn't leave her in a cage all day either. It's only now that she's nearly fully relaxed and part of the family. Every evening she comes and spends time in the living room, free range with the cats and us. She doesn't like a lot of attention drawn to her but she does love a good groom sesh!

Anyway, long rant and I know you already have your thoughts but think about all aspects of it (I know you will anyway). Dogs actually tune into human emotions and can tell when we are upset. Nothing like a good face kissie when you're crying!

On a second note. Everybody cross your fingers with me for a snow day tomorow! I could use another day to prepare for the next few days' teaching.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #68749 
LittleBettaFish

Took my dog for a walk in the dark this morning (around 5:30am). That way I know there won't be any other dogs around. Of course we did have the issue of not being able to see very well once we got off the main road, however it was really nice and I was surprised with all this hot weather we have been having that more people weren't out and about.

Also my dogs couldn't care less if I was upset haha.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #68750 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I understand all of it PetMania! I get depressed but like LittleBettaFish mine is tied to my high anxiety. And how annoying people can be trying to make you feel better. As far as helping, well everyone is different so it's really hard to say how. I personally take moment to sit alone and cry my eyes out when I'm depressed, and when I'm anxious I sit quietly and meditate or keep myself so busy I can't think of anything but work.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is embrace it, use it to focus or otherwise to your advantage. Either way you must not let yourself succumb to despair, believe me no good can come from it.

*big hugs* ^_^

Edit: Ok I didn't realize the topic posts got so far ahead. Dang internet explorer! >.<
Thank you :) Yeah, IE gets bad sometimes.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese