Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #69431 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love bunnies but would never keep one. We used to have them all over when we first moved into our condo in Kentucky. We had skunks, too. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #69432 
LittleBettaFish

Gosh, hardscape materials in this hobby are so expensive. I paid about $80 for five small pieces of wood. That's a breeding pair of wild bettas right there.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #69433 
Yuuie

hi all done work was a nice night and actually had enough people for once woot
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #69434 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I feel your pain LBF. Why do they have to sell those nice aquascape rocks by weight?

I feel so bad for my dad. He is 49 and I and I had to put on his socks the other day. He went to the doctor and got opioid painkillers, oxy something. (He came up to me and was like "these are worth a lot on the street!" Omg.) The thing is they do NOTHING for him (take the pain from a 10 to a 6 he said). And they are soooo addictive.
We are at a loss. Apparently massage therapy isn't helping. I've been recommending he try physiotherapy. :/
Right forgot to add it's a severe lower back pain. He's been in 3 forklift accidents before he quit and it's just been getting worse these past years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #69435 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom's new doctor doesn't believe in pain meds. She was on oxycodone but is off of them now. She ran out. We plan on getting a new doctor. This one was a witch.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #69436 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #69437 
dramaqueen
Banned

Going to a Project Linus meeting to bag up all the Afghans and prepare them for delivery next week. They get tagged and a paper about Project Linus is included.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #69438 
PetMania

I feel bad because both of my parents need serious medication. My mother has some thyroid problem, and my father has diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, cholestreol, and has to take insulin. My mother used to have pain attacks after her golbladder was removed.

I hope I don't have to take meds like that in the future.
PetMania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #69439 
Laki

Aw, so sorry to hear Olympia! I have chronic lower back pain, mid back pain and chronic soft tissue pain in my whole back and shoulders. Knees are starting to go again too. So I KNOW your dad's struggle with finding a therapy or pill that works. There's been a new study done by someone which separates chronic pain from injury with that of chronic pain without injury and the facts are increasingly indicating that once the brain undergoes enough of a long term stressor (pain), pain becomes more like disease that pesters. The regular cures for short term pain no longer are effective.

Aaaaaand, last time I went to the doctor he told me mine was too chronic to treat but he is a moron and likes to think that I'm psychosomatic (because obviously, if there are no symptoms of pain then I'm making it up).

So, physiotherapy might work and help your dad learn to exercise the muscles in his lower back in order to cope with the pain but I'd say it's most likely to the stage where pain is its own disease. :<

Got one ADF! He's so small! He's got his own quarentine tank up in Bunny's room where it's quiet and while his main tank gets figured out. I bought a 20 gallon kit but I hate that the filter requires you to keep the water level up to more than 3/4 full :( I want to make it a riparium SO bad! And besides, I'm afraid the 20 is too high for ADF to get to the surface.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #69440 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was told by someone that it was my mother's fault that she was diabetic and it was because she doesn't check her sugar . That person was mean spirited and judgementsl.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese