Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #7001 
Bettawolf19

Got Oscar's tank a new bulb :) thinking of using the black gravel I have when I change it. What do you think? Natural or black?
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #7002 
Yuuie

black looks good.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 AM   #7003 
Sakura8

Bettalover: Does her butt just keep rising up into the air for no reason? Does she look "eggy"? It's similar to bloated but the belly turns white and the eggspot sticks out more. It won't hurt to put her in some epsom salt. It's 1 tsp per gallon, dissolve it first in tank water. Make sure the epsom salt has NO added scents, colors, or anything else. As for Sparky, his fins look really fragile. Do you have any frozen bloodworms? Those will help his fins heal. If there are no black edges, that is good, that means he does not have fin rot. QT and daily water changes will keep it that way.

Bettawolf: Black gravel, definitely.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #7004 
Pitluvs

Can someone go help that poor person with the fish that has clamped fins... they suspect Velvet. I have never dealt with that. They have some cycle issues too :( I hate to leave the person hanging. Purdy please!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #7005 
Bettawolf19

Also does anyone know the best way to move a tank when its being cycled? I know I need to keep the filter wet and stuff(which is no problem). mostly I want to move it where Kiwi is now and away from the door to the other side of my bed by Oscar's tank. Will it destory the cycle if I put the water into buckets then move the tank then readd the water?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #7006 
bettaloverforever16

Her stomache is always white, and yes it floats up for no reason. I do have som bloodworms on hand too.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:09 AM   #7007 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettawolf19 View Post
Also does anyone know the best way to move a tank when its being cycled? I know I need to keep the filter wet and stuff(which is no problem). mostly I want to move it where Kiwi is now and away from the door to the other side of my bed by Oscar's tank. Will it destory the cycle if I put the water into buckets then move the tank then readd the water?
Yes, the water has nothing to do with your cycle it's the bacteria on everything IN your tank that need to keep wet. I would take out 50% of the water and find a way to move the tank that way. You will loose some bacteria but nothing compared to if you removed all the water lol You could always put 50% of the tank water in a rubbermaid bin, put your tank stuff in that (rocks,deco) and then put the rest of the water in and move the tank FAST. I would hang the filter on the bin and keep it running. That's what I did when I switched to sand.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #7008 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Tisia: *hides eyes* No, no more pics of puppy or I will be hypnotized into getting a dog and my mother will kill me so dead! *peeks* Oh, just a few more pics . . . so cuuuuuute! And argh, these tailbiters. Crichton's getting some growth back so I put him back in the divided tank next to Anderson but since Crichton's tail is so short, I think Anderson thinks he's a girl; Andy built a bubblenest. o.O Did I menton Anderson also bit off half his tail two days ago? Nowhere near as bad Crichton though. I hope all your tailbiters just give it a rest, you have enough to deal with, don't they know that?
she's going to be so spoiled, lol. good thing she's already used to being handled a lot because I'm probably going to be holding her so much, lol. I'm hoping the biting was just a one time thing, I love my fish, but they sure can be frustrating sometimes
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #7009 
Bettawolf19

It won't take me very long to move it lol wood floors work wonders when it comes to sliding things. I just figure I'll pour water in the filter every minute or so. I mean I just tested it and it will slide now I just prefer to take out some of the water just in case. What about putting wet paper towels over the sides to keep them wet?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #7010 
Pitluvs

Keep what wet? haha I dunno, I just posted what I do and it works for me :)

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese