Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #721 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Ok I missed the college talk! I finished my undergrad and I really want to go to New York (SVA), AAU or SCAD.. Now I'm scared that its going to be ultra difficult because of you guys :P
I did my school and college non stop btw, the good thing about living here is colleges are good but cheap. Since colleges on your side of the globe are so expensive I have to get a job and make up the fees first! My non stop streak has died -3-
Oooh, if you go to NYC I can visit you because my older brother lives there. I don't know how the fees are in NYC, but here in CA they're apparently high enough to warrant frequent protests by the students. They lock themselves in buildings and that kind of thing. They did go a little far though when they vandalized the home of the dean of Cal State Berkeley.

In my opinion, colleges here are not just so expensive, they're TOO expensive. We push the whole need a college education thing and then make it so expensive most people can't afford it. Talk about hypocrisy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #722 
fishman12

Jealous
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #723 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
And I understand Sakura, I'm 5'2 as well :P My sister's just 5' hehehe
Poor sister, I feel for her. The funny thing about being 5'2" and feeling short is I see so many people that I'm taller than so it's kind of weird. Three of my close family friends are all shorter than me. Granted, they're middle aged and at that point where people start shrinking, but still . . .
Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #724 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Cool, I'll have to visit you the next time I go visiting the family friends in Vancouver.

Haha, you do have a point, it sounds like your business alone would make it worth my while to move north. I dunno, do you really think an all-betta shop would actually work?
you should, lol. I can tell you which stores take semi-decent care of their bettas in the area :p lmao
there's one I know of that recently opened in minnesota that seems to be doing okay. they do have other fish besides just bettas, but bettas are their focus. Anbu made a post about it. think theirs are all imported, could probably save a few bucks if you had some you spawned yourself as well, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #725 
sunnydawnie

Quote:
Amethyst. You must have a really nice pet store near you to be getting these exotic colors. Purple is hard to come by. Lucky you.
I just got Amethyst at PetCo. He's my second betta from that store. My betta Emerald I purchased there also. Goldie and Sapphire were purchased at the LFS.
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #726 
Sakura8

Hmm. This warrants more thought. It would be an excuse to spawn bettas. I could put it down as a business expense . . . I'm beginning to like this idea.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #727 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydawnie View Post
I just got Amethyst at PetCo. He's my second betta from that store. My betta Emerald I purchased there also. Goldie and Sapphire were purchased at the LFS.
Your Petco gets good stock, then. Purple is really hard to come by. You're really lucky, sunnydawnie.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #728 
fightergirl2710

OK now I'm scared D:
Yeah, I feel taller than a lot of people too. I have an aunt who is 4'7 or something.. I don't even see her sometimes :D I think 5'2 is a relatively average height.
Amethyst is such a pretty name :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #729 
Tisia

Quote:
Hmm. This warrants more thought. It would be an excuse to spawn bettas. I could put it down as a business expense . . . I'm beginning to like this idea.
lol, I didn't even think about that part. you could probably put ab purchases that you kept for yourself as business expenses as well if you bred them :p
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #730 
Sakura8

Fightergirl, you'll do fine over here. I'm not sure, maybe you qualify for special financial aid because you're an international student.

One of my aunts was shorter than me but only by an inch and only because she hunched over a lot.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese