Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #8521 
MissRockyHorror

night fishie <3
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #8522 
SassyBetta

any tips for stressed fish, i dont wana lose my first betta, obsidian ,to stress :(
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #8523 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBetta View Post
any tips for stressed fish, i dont wana lose my first betta, obsidian ,to stress :(
turn off the light, add tannins(Almond leaves or black water extract) make sure he has hiding places so he doesn't feel crowded.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #8524 
SassyBetta

check and check no almond leaves tho . he has a hiding cup and a nice planted area with his fave plant he hides behind. i just got him yesterday and im worried i have stressed him too much in the two days iv had him. :( i had to re arange a few plants because he wouldnt stop flaring at himself for like 2 hours stright and it was giving him stress lines, so i went in and moved a plant onto the wall so he couldnt see his reflection there and now hes hiding at the bottom of the tank by a plant. hes my first betta and i feel bad that i might have over stressed him.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #8525 
copperarabian

Poor guy, everything is so new to him :( If the room his aquarium is in is still bright you can cover him with something so it's darker and he can sleep.

@Pitluvs
I just saw who carnage is, when I saw him on Aquabid I thought he was gorgeous :( that sucks you didn't get to keep him for very long...

*EDIT*
Sorry I'm always posting photos, if I'm not doing anything during the day I'll usually take 200-400, let me know if my pic spam messes up anyone's computers.....

I decided to name my female who ate the cricket..... cricket. Eating that thing made her gill covers permanently weird looking, they are always kinda pushed out near the bottom. She's a pretty black copper :)

Last edited by copperarabian; 08-10-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #8526 
SassyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Poor guy, everything is so new to him :( If the room his aquarium is in is still bright you can cover him with something so it's darker and he can sleep.

@Pitluvs
I just saw who carnage is, when I saw him on Aquabid I thought he was gorgeous :( that sucks you didn't get to keep him for very long...
i know i know and thats why i feel so bad. im just trying to make him feel better but im just making it worse. :( i reallly gotten attached to the lil guy , if he dies cuz i stressed him i will feel so bad
Old 08-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #8527 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBetta View Post
i know i know and thats why i feel so bad. im just trying to make him feel better but im just making it worse. :( i reallly gotten attached to the lil guy , if he dies cuz i stressed him i will feel so bad
He'll probably be fine, some bettas take being in new environments harder then others and it sounds like your doing everything right :) don't worry if he doesn't eat for a few days to a week while getting settled in.
Letting some plants float might make him feel safer, and he can sleep on them too.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #8528 
MissRockyHorror

@Copper or Pitluvs, what did carnage look like?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #8529 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRockyHorror View Post
@Copper or Pitluvs, what did carnage look like?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #8530 
MissRockyHorror

O.o pretty

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese