I want a doubletail because I don't have one yet, think that's a bad sign
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #8982 
Yuuie

nope
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #8983 
Amphibianite

Sakura - He seems a bit more active but he is still at the top of his tank. he seems to be swimming around the surface of his tank and not submerging. Other than the fact he has been lethargic and not submerging more than an inch he seem okay. I will be doing a full water change in the morning and hunting for those shrimp/remains @_@.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #8984 
Sakura8

Amphibianite: Does he try to submerge and not make it or does he just prefer the top right now?

My e-mail notifications are weird, I'm not getting any notices when people post. :/
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #8985 
morrothewhitewolf

aww rocky he looks so cute! ^_^ I picked up another betta today as well- you remember the little white guy with the red cheeks and red streaks through his tail? well, he's in a little 2.5 gallon right now.... waiting to come out of his qt cup. ^_^

Sadly though when i got home i found out that little calicfer had contracted SBD and was having difficulty swimming down... poor little man is exhausted and resting near some anachris at the top of his .5 gallon cup... (It's too small to be called a tank, but he likes it better than his 2.5 gal tank! It's the weirdest thing with the little guy...) So i cleaned out both tanks and refilled them, then put in a new filter for the 2.5 gal and added half a teaspoon of salt to the .5 gal tank. hopefully this helps out cuz Calcifer is too exhausted to flare at his new brother, who is kinda aggressive. >_<

PS- hi everybody! i'm back! and my elbow's doing much better now.. i can move it again and i don't need the brace anymore!
morrothewhitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #8986 
Tikibirds

Quote:
"go my minion, attack fearlessly because you are an armored catfish!"
bahahahahahaha

India is looking better I think. She no longer flopps over :D

Here is a not so great video of her. She is so fat compared to amaratsu swimming in the tank behind her! Olivia anad princess wiliminia (secretly known as princess Celestia) are bigger and fatter then even her

http://youtu.be/HOIEASk1Vuk

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-12-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #8987 
Yuuie

yay good to hear you are doing better morro

think we need to watch out for the armored catfish
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #8988 
Amphibianite

Sakura - I haven't seem him try to submerge. He soirta did earlier by letting himself sink down some. I haven't seen him go below an inch down since he started acting like this.

Morro - Good to see another Miyazaki fan here :P

To all if i am slow on the reply it is because I am off making a marinade for the chicken I am serving tomorrow.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #8989 
Sakura8

Tiki, I can't get into the video, it says it's private. :/

Morro, glad to hear you're doing better! Not so happy to hear about Calcifer. :( I hope the epsom salt does the trick and gets him back to normal.

Yuuie, it's a tiny armored catfish, about 1 inch long, so not too dangerous but if he's been corrupted by Tiki's missing moss balls maybe he's mutated now . . .

Amphibianite, if he keeps hanging out at the top and seems like he can't go down, add epsom salt. But for now let's just hope he's acting funny because he's still adjusting to his new home. And yum, chicken. Mmm. Oh, and Miyazaki rules!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #8990 
morrothewhitewolf

-Amphibianite: yeah, calcifer looked like he was on fire... so i named him that.

The new one, Sir Gawain, is a little fiesty bastard. I was trying to get him out of his qt cup and he jumped out of it and onto my table, almost went on the floor! Silly sir gawain. He's resting in his tank now, near where his tank and Calcifer's face each other- He seems to like it at the bottom... he's taunting his older brother, i believe. Would you all like to hear the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Fishie at the Pet Store? (AKA how Sir Gawain got his name)
morrothewhitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese