Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #892 
Neil D

Horrible person! >:\Lol
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #893 
PinkBetta264

Petco Got me Again!!

Yup...I've got sucker written all over my forehead!! So...heres the story...I leave work and go to pick up some used equip for my 20g from a guy that is sooo way out of control with fish it makes us look like beginners. I got this AquaClear 300 filter for $5, and yeah its way to big for my tank, but I might try it because the flow is adjustable...

Heres where Petco comes in... I thought well I'll stop there and see if they still make the filter media for this filter....picked up a few more live plants "buy 2 bet 1 free"....they still carry the filter media...and there on the betta shelf set this flippin beautiful HM male!!

I guess because I was so bummed out about being outbid on my first AB fish...I just had to have this guy.

Picture attached...doesn't do him justice, his fins are white with a tinge of pastel pink and then he has these bluish rays in his tail...I still have him in his cup, working on his QT...the top half of the moon looks a little nipped, but don't see any signs of finrot, so maybe with some good clean water it will be fine.

Oh and I almost had to duke it out with the cashier, because she wanted him, really take him, I don't need another fish...but no she says she will just pick another!
Attached Images

PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #894 
Tikibirds

So there was this white HM that I keep an eye on at PETCO and today when I took the dog in for his daily "shoplifting" trip to PETCO, he was still there so I took him home.

He has some fin issues, as always - he's been in the store for about 3 weeks.
He shimmers when the sun hits him. Looks like the one in the above pic

I think I shall call him Sesshomarau
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #895 
Yuuie

soooo pretty. sadly i can only seem to find veil tail and crown tails here was thinking of asking petland if they can special order one for me since they don't do it at petsmart.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #896 
Tisia

perty! hopefully he was just biting because of the cup, having a chronic biter can be pretty annoying
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #897 
Sakura8

Everyone's getting new bettas! I want one too! PinkBetta, he is lovely, he has such sublime coloring, very subtle but very pretty. What a find! Tikibirds, pics, pics! Sesshomaru, I like it. Going to get an InuYasha anytime soon? He'd probably have to be red since that's what InuYasha wears all the time.

I'm almost out of room. I think I can fit a tank in the bathroom but I need to save space somewhere for a QT tank for the panda corys I hope to order next month. Maybe I can divide my 10g and put one of my girls on the other side until the corys are ready to go in there. If only my girls got along and could all go in the 10g, that would free up a lot of space!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #898 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I think I shall call him Sesshomarau
Uhm... so he's kind of effeminate looking, but can kill with one impeccably arched eyebrow? Heh. Bet he is GORGEOUS
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #899 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Horrible person! >:\Lol
Hey, I'm not the one bragging about being poster #666. I think that was you, goofball. Are Josh and Max still in separate containers or did they get to back to their tank?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #900 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Uhm... so he's kind of effeminate looking, but can kill with one impeccably arched eyebrow? Heh. Bet he is GORGEOUS
Another InuYasha fan! But hey, I like Sesshomaru. I especially like his voice actor.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese