Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #9041 
Amphibianite

Sakura - Yeah that is what I figured. So the treatment is the QT tanks lots of water changes and Epsom salts. Anything else I am missing?

MissRH - Me too why do you think I took this name :P. I love the african water frogs places sell for aquariums. I also have three fire bellied toads. I have always had some since I was like 5 :P
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #9042 
Bettawolf19

Ya I have well water so that's probably why. and my house sits on all sand like we ahd to transfer dirt into my yard just to build the house. So at least the water's nice and filtered but I can't used the regular water because of the water softener and the salt thats in it and stuff but everyone's adjusted to it. Blackird's fins are kinda curled but Oscar's are jsut fine and stuff. It's hard to tell if Jude has issues because he bites the crap outta his tail -.-

bamboo shrimp creep me out like no joke O.o they're liket he size of my Bettas O.O
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #9043 
Sakura8

Copper: Nope, no plecos. I read Rubber Lips get to about 7-10." Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders and need lots of waste/leftover food in the water column to feed on.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #9044 
copperarabian

@Rocky yes, we saw bamboo shrimp while we were there :) I think they look really cool, but I know I need an algae eater who won't be killed by my cichlids.....
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #9045 
Sakura8

Amph: Nope, that sounds about right. Epsom salt and QT. Shock can bring on SBD, happened to my HM once.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #9046 
MissRockyHorror

Lol that one bamboo shrimp we could see his tiny brain remember? :D
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #9047 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
@Rocky yes, we saw bamboo shrimp while we were there :) I think they look really cool, but I know I need an algae eater who won't be killed by my cichlids.....
It's too small, but I want one of these zebra plecs

My fav LFS has one but it's almost $500!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #9048 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Copper: Nope, no plecos. I read Rubber Lips get to about 7-10." Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders and need lots of waste/leftover food in the water column to feed on.
yeah, rubber lipped pleco's get to be about 10", and a huge bristle nose will be about 5/6" and that's really big. Apparently at the petco I go to they had a big 9" male bristle nose, not sure if I can believe it without seeing it, pretty insane XD if he was one he was a random mutant....
yeah, bamboo shrimp would never work with my cichlids for obvious reasons, but whenever I feed them and they make a huge mess while chewing up there food I always think to myself "Man a bamboo shrimp would love that".... but it would not like being tormented.

Petclub has Clown pleco's, but they're also too small.... they also had a sad tank of unhealthy common plecos who looked miserable and bored.

Last edited by copperarabian; 08-12-2011 at 03:34 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #9049 
MissRockyHorror

OOOO Sakura, that's so pretty O.O
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #9050 
Sakura8

Clown plecos are awesome too. More affordable, too. I feel so sorry for the common plecs. I've seen two or three crammed into a tank at my Pet Club. And they were about 7" long too.

Rocky: Aren't they cute? They only get to be about 3" long, too. But $500? I don't think so!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese