Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #9401 
Sakura8

Welcome back Amph, glad to hear the party went well. I can't imagine your food NOT being devoured.

Pitluvs, my danios are bouncing off the walls. I put out sinking wafers for the cories and the danios swim off with them. Do tetras dive down to the bottom to eat food there? The danios sure do. And I plan on getting 6 tetras, is that enough? Either six neon tetras or maybe 4 rummynose tetras, haven't decided yet. And I need one more panda cory. Never did find my missing cory.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #9402 
Yuuie

tetra's are cute looking and a quick question how hot is too hot for a betta? i've been ajusting the heater in my tank and it went over 80 and so far only the plants are in there no fishies. and since i don't usually deal with a adjustable heater i thought i would ask
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #9403 
Bettawolf19

Hmm.

well for the Neons mine seem very calm and if anythign they act like goldfish ina way that they jsut sit there then twitcha dn move a bit XD. They tend to schol when Jude comes near them but right now they are all over the place lol. They now are in the 20 gal by themselves so they are all over. lol

Ok so here's the plans for making room for Dot and Spot..

Dot and Spot are gonna go into the still unnamed plakat's tank while bubbles is gonna got o the 20 gal and the unnamed plakat will be moved to the 10 gal planted.. Or should I put the females into the 10 gal.. Mostly I want them to keep their forms so I'm trying to keep them from the sorority but I don't think they'll do good released with each other in the 10 gal without a divivder but I figured with the 5 gal I can keep up on the water changes and the like.

XD Bettas
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #9404 
Bettawolf19

Yuuie I ahd my tank reach 90F a couple of times when Oscar was in Ick treatment..My plants hated it but Oscar seemed fine.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #9405 
Yuuie

ok i'm actually attempting a cycle for this tank and i don't want to boil anything and got a little worried when it went over 80 so i turned it down and hopeing it actually hold at 80
Old 08-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #9406 
Pitluvs

My Tetras do not go after the algae wafers, but my Golden Danio will. She's the worst, she's always fat and I have no idea where she's getting the food! Yes, even in a 29gal tank, the Danios are still bouncing off the walls and stealing all the food. My tank would be peaceful without them (they stress my glowlights) but they were my first 3 fish, I can't give up on them :(

I think 6 Neons would be cool, they are smaller and silly. Friend of mine has a bunch. Ummmm.... I love the look of the Rummy Noses!! But I am unsure how many you need to be safe with them. Someone on my Tropical forum lost a loach the other day... found him on the heater behind the tank. He jumped :( He was missing for a few days.

I have a missing Danio I haven't found yet, it's been 2 months.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #9407 
Sakura8

Yuuie, I agree with Bettawolf. Over 80 is fine if the rise is gradual. I mean, if you have fish in there. Since you didn't have any, you're fine.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #9408 
Sakura8

Pitluvs: It's a mystery to me where this cory went. I'm assuming he died and the others *gulp* ate him. I tore the filter apart, swept under the dresser, swept under the bed, tore apart a basket under the tank. It's strange when they just up and disappear like that. UFO. o.O

Yeah, I don't know exactly how many rummynoses I need either. I think I'll try neons since they're smaller. I just want something that won't steal the cory cats' food. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #9409 
Yuuie

did you look in the most unlikely place possible?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #9410 
Amphibianite

if you have a bubbler in your tank that goes under the gravel or substrate on some sort of platform like thing.... check under there. Thats were my miracle fish went for months on end @_@
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese