Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #9411 
Bettawolf19

Hey here's a question i've been pondering for a bit.

If you traw out a few cubes of frozen brine shrimpa nd put them ina zipblock bag can you use it as a big piece you can break off or will the bacteria take it ove rby then? Mostly because I want to give my bettas more frozen shrimp but the cubes I get are to big and I waste half of it and I can't really cute it in half. Anyone have any ideas? Also is it really bad when your cubes thaw out completely? Even when they are still sealed and the like.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #9412 
Pitluvs

OK, sensitive to salt and chlorine, do best in groups over 7 and are just as active and hyper as Zebra Danio... I stopped reading after that LOL

Rummy Nose Tetra
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:17 AM   #9413 
Sakura8

I checked the trash can under the tank (it's on a stand, the basket and the trashcan are underneath). I even pulled out my CD cabinet and looked behind that even though it's not really close by. And no bubbler, nothing like that. I guess he's either eaten or I'll find something really dried up and nasty several months down the road. Haha, I even checked the QT tank next to the big tank in case he miraculously flopped out of the big tank and onto the lid and through the small hole into the QT tank. That would take some fancy flopping, though . . .
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #9414 
Sakura8

Bettawolf: You can thaw out one cube and keep it in the fridge for two or three days, that's what I do. Most of it gets used up by then, although I do end up wasting some. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can find brine shrimp packaged already in a big sheet instead of cubes, too. I got bloodworms like that. I smash it with a hammer and take out several small pieces, whatever I need, and thaw them, then keep them in the fridge.

Pitluvs, thank you, that is all I need to know. Neons it is. I'll save the rummynoses for that glorious day when I have a much bigger tank.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #9415 
Amphibianite

Sakura - just watch you will be cleaning out the tank an there he suddenly is @_@.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #9416 
MissRockyHorror

my younger brother had a loach once and it jumped out, he found it years later when he moved out of his room >_<
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #9417 
Yuuie

they can be tricky some days
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:23 AM   #9418 
Bettawolf19

Ya i'm sure my mom will just love that XD

"Paige what is this?"
"It's Brine Shrimp mom, its for the betta fish."
"Get it out of the fridge."
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #9419 
Sakura8

Amph: Haha, if that happens, it will be freaky but at least I will have my cory back. It will probably happen the day after I buy a new one. Like one time I lost a book. Checked everywhere so I gave up and bought a new copy (not a cheap book, either). Found my old copy the next day. *facepalm*

Bettawolf: Oh yeah, that's almost word for word what my mom said when she saw the thawed bloodworms in there. She got over it eventually, though.

Rocky: He didn't smell anything decaying or somthing like that? Your brother, I mean, with the missing loach.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #9420 
Pitluvs

Haha he's a young guy.... do think they would identify an odd smell in their room? LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese