Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #9501 
diablo13

God, Amph, you just started and your already on your way to being a Mod :D just joking, betta number has nothing to do with mods, right DQ? I'm only allowed 2 tanks, which is fine with me because I'm too lazy to do maintinence for 16 tanks XD actually, I'm only going to have one betta, because assume Diablo doesn't actually physically harm Pumpkin, I'm using his 5 gallon for a Dwarf Puffer

Edit: you wanna kill your cousins? Invite me :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #9502 
Amphibianite

MRH - haha I know I know lol. BYE! Have fun, hopefully you can get on the net and join us. I will have pictured today of both my new guy and the VT i will be saving eventually :P (curse my lack of job and own place -_-)

Fighter - UG Smack em, smack em good, put the hurt on them. They are bothering the fish, AND tearing books I must beat them.... XD

Diablo- I know I have been bitten by the betta bug hard, but I am enjoying it haha.

Well I will be on an off, I need to go clean then go get my new guy.
Pictures as soon as I get him.
I will probably post a bit before I go, this site is addicting.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #9503 
diablo13

God, Diablo is still chasing Pumpkin but he didn't flare, is this a start?!?!? Pumpkin is hanging out on the gravel, she still moves, but I wonder if she's scared, stressed, or sick. Let's hope it's not the latter
Old 08-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #9504 
Sakura8

Diablo, if Diablo is still acting like a brat, cup him and float him in there for a while. Make sure she has lots of plants to hide in. If you have to, get some clean yarn or string, make a tassel, and float that in there. Just so long as she has somewhere to hide.

Amph, wow, you go from one to none to 3 in three days! Awesome.

So, I'm back.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #9505 
Sakura8

I am painfully, slowly, acclimating my new neon tetras. So here's the story:

The gal at Petsmart was both wonderful and incredibly irritating and here's why. When I said I wanted six tetras, she launched into a lecture about how adding that many fish would overload my tank and the tetras would die. I should get 3 now and 3 later. I didn't want to do that so I said thank you, six please. She said just bringing that many home would stress them out. I assumed she meant that many in a bag would be overcrowding. I'm looking at their seriously overcrowded tanks as she's saying that. Six please, I said. She said fine, I'm going to have to waive the guarantee then. I said that's not fair. So she goes to get the tetras and I felt bad I got snappy. I mean, for once here's a Petsmart employee doing the right thing and trying to educate and protect the fish! So I did mention I was glad she was trying to educate people but thanks, I do know what I'm doing. The little guys are going into QT for a week at least in their own 2.5g tank with heater and filter. And they're being acclimated drop by drop by drop. I think what kills a lot of neons is they aren't acclimated right. So I'm trying to do this slowly.

Anyway, so that's my story.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #9506 
diablo13

Welcome back! I think I am gonna cup him until he behaves. She has two plants, but they are both thick, and in the shadows, so she blends in. She also has a vase-cave, for some reason she doesn't like the actual cave but likes the base :/ I wish I had more, but I don't......
Old 08-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #9507 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #9508 
Sakura8

Morning Yuuie.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #9509 
diablo13

Morning yuuie, and sakura, you have a community, right? Is the chasing thing normal?
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #9510 
Sakura8

Well, I have a community but when I had my betta in there, I didn't have platies. But given a betta's nature and the fact that you only have one platy, yes I would say this is normal. Normal but not acceptable. You might hate this but you may need to wait until some of your platy fry are grown up and can be in the tank with Pumpkin. The more fish there are, the better because Diablo won't just chase one girl till she's exhausted. I mean, I assume you're going to keep a few of your platy fry . . .

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese