Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #1 
RnB

Unhappy Cross is super skittish.

Now we know we just rescued the boy from Hell in a cup less than 24 hours ago, but i notice that Cross, our newest crowntail from walmart, is incredibly skittish. Whenever either one of our hands comes anywhere near his tank he freaks out and darts away, usually clunking into the side of the tank (Sounds painful!!!).

Any advice on what we can do to help him relax?
RnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #2 
Impolite

my boy that I just got was !super! skittish at first. Anything came near the tank and he was behind the filter cowering. I just let him sit over night and now he's all around the tank, exploring and trying to get to the girl on the other side of the divider. :) maybe just a couple days of getting used to will help him out.
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #3 
Tisia

yeah, he may just need a few days
if he's looking super stressed (pale, stress lines, etc) you can wrap a towel around his tank to make it dark, should help him calm down a bit
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #4 
RnB

Yeah, we thought it would just take time, he always just darts away whenever he sees any type of movement. He doesn't have any stress lines and doesn't really look pale. Actually, Quite the opposite, he is a magnificent red.
Here is a picture of him;

I kept his tank wrapped and black shirts and warmed by a light last night, so that was for about 10 hours. He is just as skittish as he was last night, but he did eat a pellet this afternoon, so that makes me happy.
RnB is offline   Reply With Quote