Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #1 
BettaLovesEveryone15

Mystery Snails Making Babies Like CRAZY!!! HELP

My roomates and i mystery snails have been having babies like crazy after they said in the pet store that it was unlikely they would. We just had one sack hatch and have at least 30 crawling around now, plus they just put up aonther sack. What do we need to do to take care of these little babies? What are their needs...ect. People said they would be eaten by our other fish but i dont think they have ate one thus far. Also is there any market for this, could we sell them to a pet store of something? if anyone knows a thing or two about mystery snails please fill us in on whatever information you have. thanks.
BettaLovesEveryone15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #2 
kathstew

I have one mystery snail, but I don't know all that much about them, especially baby ones.
If they keep making egg sacs, you should try breaking them before the snails are born, it will save you a lot of trouble with more snails.
You can try talking with your LFS, i know they take some types of fry, but they usually have to be a certain age/size.
http://applesnail.net/ Check out this website, and go under the care and then the reproduction tab. It should be very useful.

Good luck!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #3 
fishman12

Don't know that much but if you put a smallish peice of lettuce in the tank and leave it overnight, you'll get a bunch of snails on it in the morning
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #4 
rosefoo

When my guppy had babies we couldn't care for we just gave them to the our LFS. It's called Aquatics Unlimited. If you have one near you maybe they'll take for ya! Also, I would recommend separating the snails keeping them in seperate containers, tanks, or whatever you guys keep your snails in to prevent more babies. LOL
rosefoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mystery snails